Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2/17/23)

Acgott

On 2/20/2023 at 12:27 PM, vegas492 said:

No real film critic here, but here are my thoughts after watching it.

I enjoyed it, but it was a pretty "meh" movie.

It was like a cross between Star Wars New Hope and Avatar.  I didn't like all the CGI, but I get why it needed to be.  Just felt forced.  And it seemed like most of the movie was an extension of the Cantina Scene from Star Wars.

Bill Murray was there...and not developed by a backstory at all.  There was history there with Janet, but not explored at all.  

The only thing I really liked?  Kang.  I liked the character.  

Cassie was a forced character.  Hope was criminally under used.

But, it was entertaining, I did enjoy myself, but it was not a "good" movie.  Like others, I feel like the best of the MCU is in the past.  

Glad I'm not the only one that got a Star Wars vibe.  I literally starting humming the cantina song into my GFs ear.  MODOK looked like a Funko Vader.  And when Kang assembled the army near the end, all I saw was the last scene with Palpatine and the clone army at the end of Attack of the Clones.

I liked the movie, but it didn't knock me out.

And whoever played Cassie literally reminded me of a young Shannon Doherty in anything she did outside of Heathers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Unless the Marvels has Rogue as the villain, I’ll wait for D+. 

Do hope Rogue gets to cross paths with Carol, yeah. Doubt it’s in this one though.

Been some talk that it’s one of the many things setting up the two Avengers films. Really liked Monica in WV, and Kamala was fun (series was good then just ok). I’m cautiously optimistic, idk