Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2/17/23)

Acgott

I enjoyed the first two Ant-man movies more than most. This movie is trash. This was supposed to be "the most important movie since Endgame" and by skipping it you miss out on absolutely nothing. The post credit scene was laughable.

52 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I enjoyed the first two Ant-man movies more than most. This movie is trash. This was supposed to be "the most important movie since Endgame" and by skipping it you miss out on absolutely nothing. The post credit scene was laughable.

Damn, why you hate the post credit?

15 minutes ago, Acgott said:

It was beyond cringe. If I wasn't annoyed I would've starting laughing at it. Sorry, I should clarify. I meant mid-credit.

Edited by Bullet Club

Thought it was fun, and they actually did a good job with the visuals in this one.

Pacing was off as they really milked the build up to Kang, but Majors is a fun Kang. He’s definitely a bit over the top but it sorta works?

Forgot who wrote this going in, but knew it had to be one of the Rick and Morty writers, which it was. It felt like a couple different episodes. Which is funny because R&M obviously draws fairly heavily from Marvel comics. Modok, Jelly guy, all those people felt very at place in that vibe. Kudos to them for finding a way to do MODOK.

Overall could’ve used a bit more to that first half, but left the theater much happier than a lot of others.

Spoiler

Lord of the rings-y third act was a lot of fun.

Was cool to see some of the other notable variants in the credits, was wondering when they would pop up. Hopefully we get a date for Loki s2 soon.

9 hours ago, Acgott said:

9 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

It was beyond cringe. If I wasn't annoyed I would've starting laughing at it. Sorry, I should clarify. I meant mid-credit.

I didn't hate it - but both scenes literally added nothing.    

Spoiler

We've known there were other Kangs.  And we knew that this one was supposed to escape, or something worse was coming.    I know, I know, the scene showed the depth.   But it didn't add anything more than reveal the scope.     

As for the post - we knew Loki & Mobius were searching for him, so it's kind of a letdown to just have that scene.   Don't get me wrong, I love Loki and am looking forward to S2, not sure this added anything to that, that's all.

I can truly say both scenes could be missed and you wouldn't likely feel like you're out of the loop on any future arc.   For an origin story ep (which really this is for Kang, this is setting him up for all of Phase 5), that's new. 

Just now, Broncofan said:

I didn't hate it - but both scenes literally added nothing.    

Reveal hidden contents

We've known there were other Kangs.  And we knew that this one was supposed to escape, or something worse was coming.    I know, I know, the scene showed the depth.   But it didn't add anything more than reveal the scope.     

As for the post - we knew Loki & Mobius were searching for him, so it's kind of a letdown to just have that scene.   Don't get me wrong, I love Loki and am looking forward to S2, not sure this added anything to that, that's all.

I can truly say both scenes could be missed and you wouldn't likely feel like you're out of the loop on any future arc.   For an origin story ep (which really this is for Kang, this is setting him up for all of Phase 5), that's new. 

You could say that about the entire movie.

I really enjoyed it. Might be my 2nd favorite movie of this phase behind Wakanda Forever, but I'm going to chew on it for a couple days before I rank it. Not as good as the first Ant-Man movie, but I thought it was a decent bit better than Ant-Man and the Wasp.  Loved loved loved the Scott as Ants scene in the core.

it's fine. comedy worked better in this than most marvel movies for me. i laughed once. but cringed far less than usual. it's an ugly/dark computer movie. jonathan majors was great. everyone was great besides the girl they got to play paul rudd's daughter. every time marvel brings on an actor with no/very few credits that isn't a like a "name", they seem to kinda suck. it's a regular *** marvel movie but this one's actually maybe leading to something, so it doesn't feel like a complete waste of time like most of them have since endgame. 4/10

On 2/17/2023 at 12:57 PM, Bullet Club said:

Seeing as a good amount of time is spent getting to know the next big bad, and his motivations that's not true. 

33 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Guess this is the closest we'll ever get to a Micronauts movie. 

It’s a shame some of those licensed characters will always be held out from here on out.

Remember hearing Gunn talk about wanting to use Bug as well as Rom the Space-Knight for Guardians.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Seeing as a good amount of time is spent getting to know the next big bad, and his motivations that's not true. 

Spoiler

You mean the variant we may never see again? When we were given more backstory in Loki? What did we learn that we didn't already know and that matters going forward?

Edited by Bullet Club