Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2/17/23)

Acgott

41 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I'm very over this type of song use in these trailers but this wasn't nearly as egregiously bad a the Black Panther 2 trailer. 

I get it, sometimes is a really cheap ploy to get you to like a film or think it’ll be way better. First Suicide Squad comes to mind.

But always been into trailer music, especially when it really fits or is a deeper cut. Like this isn’t the first handful of Elton songs people know, or when Ragnorak used Magic Sword..which as a long time fan of theirs was nuts to hear them. 

Dune using Pink Floyd I think was a good reflection of what that movie was.

It’s cool if they have a piece of original music ready, but they rarely do.

I didn't even realize this, but the IGN trailer breakdown mentioned that this film might be the closest we get to a Micronauts story on the big screen. And looking at the creatures seen in the trailer, it's very easy to see the inspiration applied from those books to this new movie. Really cool. Too bad Marvel still doesn't own the licensing rights to those stories. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

• 2 months later...

KANG...

Holy smokes this movie feels like it's gonna slay. Cannot wait for this. IMAX day 1. 

So what does Kang want? Someone who can essentially control/manipulate time however he wants it??? Heard the theory that he might be stuck in the Quantum realm where the normalcy of time doesn't work, and due to that Kang is somehow marooned there. He needs Scott to help him get out. And we've seen Scott can do that as he did in Endgame. 

BTW, I like how Thor and Ant Man have basically gone in reverse with it's tone. Thor for the worse, and Ant Man seemingly for the better. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm going to try and avoid the trailer, i'm already 100% in.  We'll see if I can hold out.

Hold out, while I don't think it'll really spoil too much, there are a few expected things it does show or confirm. Mainly that Charles Xavier is going to go on a rampage and picks up his yellow hover chair and destroys the Quantum Realm

• Like 1