Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2/17/23)

Acgott

• 4 weeks later...

I still have not watched a single Marvel movie or TV show since Far From Home and I am still not going to until X-Men.

Not boycotting because I have all the movies.

I am boycotting every Disney+ series until they release a physical copy though.

I might actually buy one of those bootleg blu ray copies of them out of spite.

2 hours ago, August4th said:

this getting lukewarm reviews

Honestly, if it wasn't for Kang, I'm not sure what the point of a 3rd Ant-man movie would be (yes I get Cassie has a clear connection to MCU's future, but that could be brought in other vehicles, too).    I'll go but with low expectations other than to advance the Kang storyline.

• Like 1

Great visuals.  

Good intro to Kang as a threat.  

Decent character exposition for both Kang and Cassie.  Otherwise - nothing awful like Dr. Stranger’s treatment of Wanda or Eternal’s slow as molasses pacing - but it’s a pretty by-the-book story.   

Without spoiling - Kang’s development in phase 5 is going to be the decider on how this is viewed.    He’s set up to be the Big Bad (duh) - but he doesn’t do anything yet to really earn the fear.    Obv those who’ve read the comics know more is coming - but it doesn’t really earn much wow factor yet.    I will say Majors is awesome as Kang though - so the potential payoff is there - just we don’t get much now.    

I get why it’s needed - but it’s hard to say this is a memorable movie as a result.   It’s so very clearly a stepping stone it’s hard to get excited about it as a stand-alone movie.    

Edited by Broncofan