Giants TE Daniel Bellinger undergoing surgery on fractured eye socket

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

A finger caused a fractured orbital?

Yup, it was bledding too. Imagine being poked in the eye so hard that you need to be carted off the field. I've seen eye injuries like that ruin careers in hockey, BUT hopefully his actual eyeball is ok.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

Biggest risk is loss of vision. That is career ending. The good news is that it sounds like his vision will be alright. Daboll compared it to a boxing injury, which is probably pretty apt. I'm hoping he heals up well and is able to come back shortly. He's been fantastic this year and is a top-10 TE right now as a rookie, which is very hard to do. He's also the 2nd youngest TE in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Damn dude if I even get a speck of dust in my eyes, the misery will have me second guessing if I even want to live at that moment. Screw surgery anywhere near there.

I've had some very minor eye injuries that sound gnarly. I've scratched my cornea twice and got a piece of metal stuck in my eye once. They had to go in with an algerbrush (spelling?) to get that out. That was kind of scary. Can't imagine what's growing through Bellinger's head

• Like 1