Week 8: San Francisco 49ers @ Los Angeles Rams

N4L

7 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm pretty sure it's accurate. Tru media is pretty good about that and he doesn't have many 30 air yard passes. The deep ball project also tracks that. 

the only one that I could think of would be the Baltimore game to deebo

You talking about when Deebo hurt his shoulder on the play?  I remember a fairly long pass down the left sideline once where Deebo made a leaping catch and got hurt. 

One thing that was extremely encouraging yesterday was seeing Jimmy coming off his first read, specifically the long pass to Dwelley and the TD to Kittle. On both of the big plays to the TEs he was looking at CMC and came off him for the big play. Hopefully he can continue this; he’s had a problem locking onto his first read far too much in the past.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GW21 said:

One thing that was extremely encouraging yesterday was seeing Jimmy coming off his first read, specifically the long pass to Dwelley and the TD to Kittle. On both of the big plays to the TEs he was looking at CMC and came off him for the big play. Hopefully he can continue this; he’s had a problem locking onto his first read far too much in the past.

Not only that, but having CMC has finally forced Jimmy to check down to the back. Jimmy always had a low aDOT but he was not the typical conservative QB. Jimmy was allergic to checking it down to the back but that has changed now. And you saw the benefits and how smooth the offense looked because of that.

@iknowcoolyou were right sir. As good as we thought CMC is, he's even better. His ability to make defenders miss in tight space is amazing. We all watched CMC plenty in college and even in the NFL, but yesterday was just a different experience. By far the best player on the field with a bunch of high level talent. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Look at the left side of the OL. 71 and 65 really may be a top 3-4 duo in the league right now. 

I think banks gave up his first sack yesterday (officially) and it still wasn't his fault lol. 

He's playing wonderfully

• Like 3

Kinda wild we're already done with the Rams games this year. Even though we always beat them in the regular season, its always a tough matchup and you never know when they can win (see NFCCG)

I have us going 10-7 with losses to the Dolphins, Seahawks & Cardinals. That should be good for a WC spot, maybe even the division

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think banks gave up his first sack yesterday (officially) and it still wasn't his fault lol. 

He's playing wonderfully

When Jimmy stepped into the sack?

So CMC was amazing but he had 26 touches yesterday. I'm sorry, but that is far too much and unnecessary. When Mitchell returns, I do not want him getting more than 20. Deebo will get his fair share of touches as well. 

Aiyuk is quietly putting together a very impressive stretch and is getting open regardless of who is covering him. 

We have a BUNCH of a home games remaining and only two true road games the rest of the way. This team just needs to get healthy and then we will probably be one of the top 4 favorites to win it all in January. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I have us going 10-7 with losses to the Dolphins, Seahawks & Cardinals. That should be good for a WC spot, maybe even the division

I don’t see a game we shouldn’t be confident in going forward provided the health situation doesn’t get worse. I don’t expect to win out or anything but I dont see more than 2 more losses rest of the way. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

When Jimmy stepped into the sack?

So CMC was amazing but he had 26 touches yesterday. I'm sorry, but that is far too much and unnecessary. When Mitchell returns, I do not want him getting more than 20. Deebo will get his fair share of touches as well. 

Aiyuk is quietly putting together a very impressive stretch and is getting open regardless of who is covering him. 

We have a BUNCH of a home games remaining and only two true road games the rest of the way. This team just needs to get healthy and then we will probably be one of the top 4 favorites to win it all in January. 

Agree with pretty much everything here. Had the same concerns on the CMC touches as well. Have been so impressed with aiyuk 

4 minutes ago, straighthate said:

I don’t see a game we shouldn’t be confident in going forward provided the health situation doesn’t get worse. I don’t expect to win out or anything but I dont see more than 2 more losses rest of the way. 

Definitely. I have those as losses because of the Dolphins speed at WR, Seahawks home field advantage on a short week, and Kyler's frustrating mobility. But these are all things that can be overcome if we stay healthy and disciplined

Edited by 49ersfan

4 minutes ago, straighthate said:

I wouldn't be too confident with the stinkers we put up in the 2nd half of the Chicago game, the Broncos game and the Falcons game lol. This team will have another game or two like that the rest of the way. But if we get healthy and majority of our top guys back, then we will be able to win some of these stinkers like we did in 2019 against the Steelers. 

The Chargers game is not going to be easy but if we win that game then we are in great shape going forward. 

• Like 4