Week 7 GDT: Raiders vs Saints

NickButera

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Not at all. No more than I was weeks ago. 

Then what is the obsession? You really want to be right that we suck?

I also never said I predicted it to happen. I said I wouldn’t be shocked. Technically it could still happen, but this is the first game I have zero confidence in them. 

It seems like they weren’t even ready to play and I’d agree that’s on the staff first and foremost. 

For others out there who were talking must wins earlier in the season, we are now in that spot. We can’t lose more than two more games if we want a real shot at anything. 

Not trying to make an excuse, especially since I didn’t see most of the game, but did they look like a bunch of them were sick or lethargic? I only ask because I know some sat out some practice this week. 

• Like 1

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Yup. 100%.

No way it could be the failed HC who rode Tom Brady and Bill Belichek's coattails. 

We have underwhelmed, there is no doubting that but I am not ready to say that JM can't coach this team and be the long term answer.  it is much too soon to make that determination.  Have we looked horrendous, yes we have but I still have hope JM and DZ can turn this around.  It just won't be with our current roster. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, true2form said:

Then what is the obsession? You really want to be right that we suck?

I also never said I predicted it to happen. I said I wouldn’t be shocked. Technically it could still happen, but this is the first game I have zero confidence in them. 

It seems like they weren’t even ready to play and I’d agree that’s on the staff first and foremost. 

For others out there who were talking must wins earlier in the season, we are now in that spot. We can’t lose more than two more games if we want a real shot at anything. 

Not trying to make an excuse, especially since I didn’t see most of the game, but did they look like a bunch of them were sick or lethargic? I only ask because I know some sat out some practice this week. 

Nah, they just looked poorly coached, which isn't surprising because we made bad hires people lined up to defend before the first snap was played while ignoring and continuing to avoid acknowledging the fact that both McDaniels as a HC and, probably play caller if we're being honest, and Patrick Graham as a DC have both always sucked. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We have underwhelmed, there is no doubting that but I am not ready to say that JM can't coach this team and be the long term answer.  it is much too soon to make that determination.  Have we looked horrendous, yes we have but I still have hope JM and DZ can turn this around.  It just won't be with our current roster. 

I am. I had zero faith in that fraud from the moment he was hired. And nothing in his past should  warrant any benefit of the doubt. 

• Like 2

Keep in mind:

Back in week one when the built-in excuse was "it's going to take some time for this offense to get ready because there was no preseason", The Falcons put up 26 points(with inferior weapons lead by are our back up quarterback from last year) against the Saints.

Now halfway through the season we can't score one point put a completely superior offense.

what do you guys think of a difference between us and them?

Edited by Jeremy408

35 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Now it looks like the built-in excuses are starting to shift in the "rebuild so that Josh McDaniels and Ziegler can get there guys can get there guys" direction. Anything but we hired the wrong ppl

How do you gauge if you hired the right people when they inherit a team lacking talent from the previous FO poor drafting and free agent contracts. >45 million in dead cap this season alone.

• Like 1

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Keep in mind:

Back in week one when the built-in excuse wise it's going to take some time for this offense to get ready because there was no preseason, The Falcons put up 26 points(with inferior weapons lead by are our back up quarterback from last year) against the Saints.

Now halfway through the season we can't score one point put a completely superior offense.

what do you guys think of a difference between us and them?

A lot of factors come into play but why are we assuming football doesn't have a human element? We **** the bed today, that's all there is to it. Literally the entire team. Hopefully next week is better

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I am. I had zero faith in that fraud from the moment he was hired. And nothing in his past should  warrant any benefit of the doubt. 

Time will tell if you are right or wrong.  My point is that it is too early to tell if JM is not a good HC but so far it does not look good. 

Today was a terrible loss.  I attribute the loss to bad coaching and a lack of talent on both sides of the ball.  This team is playing below my expectations which were average at best.  I would have never guessed that we would not only be embarrassed by NO but shut out.  JM needs to be accountable for this and the shutout is unacceptable.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

How do you gauge if you hired the right people when they inherit a team lacking talent from the previous FO poor drafting and free agent contracts. >45 million in dead cap this season alone.

The problem with this line of reasoning is that the people that we hired thought this previously poorly drafting and free agent signing team didn't need a ridiculous amount of improvement based both on 1.what they said

2. The decisions they made that backed what they said. They certainly didn't make decisions like their evaluation of the roster was that it was completely devoid of talent. They re-signed everyone who is contract was up to what amounted to a three-year window and then chose to trade for a receiver that will be 30 by the years end Big money and traded a first and second round pick of this year to do so. 

3. The person who hired them also said that this is not a rebuild but building on what we had already done. 

so like I mentioned earlier it's either:

A. the GM doesn't know what he's doing in tying up all of our money to the point where now a rebuild is going to take much longer than it should 

B. The coach did a poor job of coaching the roster that was prepared for him.

This is the short version of why the bad roster "the previous regime was trash and that's why we suck now" premise doesn't work

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Time will tell if you are right or wrong.  My point is that it is too early to tell if JM is not a good HC but so far it does not look good. 

Today was a terrible loss.  I attribute the loss to bad coaching and a lack of talent on both sides of the ball.  This team is playing below my expectations which were average at best.  I would have never guessed that we would not only be embarrassed by NO but shut out.  JM needs to be accountable for this and the shutout is unacceptable.  

He already had a bad stint. What you should be saying it's no way in telling if he could turn it around from being a bad head coach. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The problem with this line of reasoning is that the people that we hired thought this previously poorly drafting and free agent signing team didn't need a ridiculous amount of improvement based both on 1.what they said

2. The decisions they made that backed what they said. They certainly didn't make decisions like their evaluation of the roster was that it was completely devoid of talent. They re-signed everyone who is contract was up to what amounted to a three-year window and then chose to trade for a receiver that will be 30 by the years end Big money and traded a first and second round pick of this year to do so. 

3. The person who hired them also said that this is not a rebuild but building on what we had already done. 

so like I mentioned earlier it's either:

A. the GM doesn't know what he's doing in tying up all of our money to the point where now a rebuild is going to take much longer than it should 

B. The coach did a poor job of coaching the roster that was prepared for him.

This is the short version of why the bad roster "the previous regime was trash and that's why we suck now" premise doesn't work

Totally agree. And I argue all offseason you was wrong. But the Chandler Jones and adams moves don't scream we don't have enough talent to compete. It said we ready to take next step. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devilshark69 said:

Fwiw, I don’t think Ziegler has done a bad job. This coaching staff? That’s another story, imo. 

I don't have issues with Zeigler at all. 

We aren't talentless. We had some holes to fill. We filled some and some still need to get plugged. We've made good roster moves, imo. 

What's wrong is a coaching/scheming issue. That's all on McDaniels and Graham, both of whom are proven failures.

• Like 2