Week 7 GDT: Raiders vs Saints

NickButera

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not to mention it took Randy f'n Moss form the Patriots to have a legit WR1 type. 

When have WRs ever really been great on the Patriots under McDaniels' syste

Think about this, right now the Patriots...

1.score 1 point less than us per game

2. Total 7 yards less yards per game

Now think of these factors:

1. They don't even know who their quarterback is going to be every week. It's either a first-year guy or a second-year guy

2. They don't have anyone who's ever rushed for 1000 yards(including last year). We do

3. They don't have anyone who have ever caught 100 balls or for 1000 yards(Including last year). We have three

So when they replace the offensive mastermind Josh Mcdaniels with former defensive coordinator Matt Patricia & they don't miss a beat. That's got to raise some red flags to somebody. Like nobody thinks that's questionable?

It's almost like Belichick is saying that anybody could play OC for him and get the same results. One things for sure it doesn't play to that "Josh McDaniels is the offensive mastermind behind the patriots" narrative.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Adams is getting open. There’s only so much McDaniels can do if his QB ain’t pulling the trigger 

Shows nothing. 

At the 3 second mark, Adams breaks in. By the 4 second mark, Miller has allowed the rusher to push him back into where Carr is standing and the RT has been beat. By the 5 second mark, Carr is in the process of getting sacked. 

Not sure if people realize this, but the fastest QB release time last year was Tom Brady vs Philadelphia and it was 2.29 seconds. 2.29 seconds after Adams breaks in and gets open, Carr is on the ground. 

Just how quickly do you expect Carr to make throw there? By the time he's gone through progressions (unless he's locked in on Adams), he's about to get sacked. The time to wind up and make the motion to throw is going to be at least 1-1.5 seconds. That means from the moment Adams gets open (3 second mark) Carr has less than 1 full second to identify the WR and complete the motion to actually throw the ball before he's being sacked. That's literally two times as fast as last year's record, ffs. 

Edited by ronjon1990

Videos like that are stupid as hell anyway. Hindsight is easy to pick apart and point to fuel a bias. They don't take much context into anything. Not only that, no one says Carr played well or even close to it but a few special people are in here trying to bang home arguments no one is combatting 

To add to this, you can't find one QB, every week, in every game, where this doesn't happen to them. Until it can be proven that Carr does it more than anyone else, those types of videos are absolutely pointless 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Shows nothing. 

At the 3 second mark, Adams breaks in. By the 4 second mark, Miller has allowed the rusher to push him back into where Carr is standing and the RT has been beat. By the 5 second mark, Carr is in the process of getting sacked. 

Not sure if people realize this, but the fastest QB release time last year was Tom Brady vs Philadelphia and it was 2.29 seconds. 2.29 seconds after Adams breaks in and gets open, Carr is on the ground. 

Just how quickly do you expect Carr to make throw there? By the time he's gone through progressions (unless he's locked in on Adams), he's about to get sacked. The time to wind up and make the motion to throw is going to be at least 1-1.5 seconds. That means from the moment Adams gets open (3 second mark) Carr has less than 1 full second to identify the WR and complete the motion to actually throw the ball before he's being sacked. That's literally two times as fast as last year's record, ffs. 

The play is designed for Carr to make an initial read and throw the ball to where he anticipates Adams to be. Carr should have released the ball 2 seconds into the play...

If he didn't like the read or didn't have time then he had Renflow as an out.

*I haven't setup a timer but it look like the ball is snapped just before the 1 second mark, you then have to account for the brief pause 3 seconds in. So I think Carr gets 3-4 seconds on a quick read play.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Videos like that are stupid as hell anyway. Hindsight is easy to pick apart and point to fuel a bias. They don't take much context into anything. Not only that, no one says Carr played well or even close to it but a few special people are in here trying to bang home arguments no one is combatting 

To add to this, you can't find one QB, every week, in every game, where this doesn't happen to them. Until it can be proven that Carr does it more than anyone else, those types of videos are absolutely pointless 

I agree that all QBs can be easilly picked apart on a weekly basis but I wouldn't say the video is stupid.

It's just a video that highlights Carr was the issue on this specific play:

• Adams was a completion if Carr anticipates the break, Renfrow was a quick 2nd option if the 1st read wasn't there or time was an issue.
  • The o-line gave enough time for the play to develop and for Carr to deliver the ball (I get that overall they let guys through but Carr shouldn't have still had the ball or should have thrown to renfrow).
  • So this video helps understand that the playcall was good and it was about execution.

Another example of why this is useful is everyone jumped on McDaniels for the Adams handoff but through the replay you can see it's down to execution again as Miller whiffs on his block...

*For the record I hate WR handoffs, reverses, trick plays etc.

1 hour ago, Ryno said:

I agree that all QBs can be easilly picked apart on a weekly basis but I wouldn't say the video is stupid.

It's just a video that highlights Carr was the issue on this specific play:

• Adams was a completion if Carr anticipates the break, Renfrow was a quick 2nd option if the 1st read wasn't there or time was an issue.
  • The o-line gave enough time for the play to develop and for Carr to deliver the ball (I get that overall they let guys through but Carr shouldn't have still had the ball or should have thrown to renfrow).
  • So this video helps understand that the playcall was good and it was about execution.

Another example of why this is useful is everyone jumped on McDaniels for the Adams handoff but through the replay you can see it's down to execution again as Miller whiffs on his block...

*For the record I hate WR handoffs, reverses, trick plays etc.

Correct, just for that play and that play only. We can do that for Mahomes, Allen, everyone.

I'm with you that the play you highlighted with Adams was so stupid. I don't hate them like you do but they're not for every situation. This instance was certainly that time. Just run it up the gut and let Jacobs try to get that yard. No need to get cute. I'm willing to give McDaniels time as I try not to get wrapped up in my feelings but he's been very underwhelming thus far

14 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Shows nothing. 

Showing nothing? Either you don’t understand football concepts fully or …Man, the lengths some of you go to defend Carr is that you outright deny what the tape shows 

4 hours ago, Ryno said:

The play is designed for Carr to make an initial read and throw the ball to where he anticipates Adams to be. Carr should have released the ball 2 seconds into the play...

If he didn't like the read or didn't have time then he had Renflow as an out.

*I haven't setup a timer but it look like the ball is snapped just before the 1 second mark, you then have to account for the brief pause 3 seconds in. So I think Carr gets 3-4 seconds on a quick read play.

🎯🎯

On 10/31/2022 at 5:59 PM, Jeremy408 said:

Think about this, right now the Patriots...

1.score 1 point less than us per game

2. Total 7 yards less yards per game

Now think of these factors:

1. They don't even know who their quarterback is going to be every week. It's either a first-year guy or a second-year guy

2. They don't have anyone who's ever rushed for 1000 yards(including last year). We do

3. They don't have anyone who have ever caught 100 balls or for 1000 yards(Including last year). We have three

So when they replace the offensive mastermind Josh Mcdaniels with former defensive coordinator Matt Patricia & they don't miss a beat. That's got to raise some red flags to somebody. Like nobody thinks that's questionable?

It's almost like Belichick is saying that anybody could play OC for him and get the same results. One things for sure it doesn't play to that "Josh McDaniels is the offensive mastermind behind the patriots" narrative.

Their scoring offense fell from 6th to 17th and they went from a 10-7 team to a .500 team that probably won’t make the playoffs. Haven’t missed a beat tho 

2 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Yup, since he's not allowed to change the play who do you blame this on??

I do not buy the he can not change the play.  He has play choices and if you are a decent QB you should be able to tell when it is a play doomed for failure.  If he goes out there and sticks to a play he knows will not work I do not want him as my QB.

• Like 1