2022 GDT 2-5 Steelers visit the 6-0 Eagles

Steeler Hitman

4 minutes ago, August4th said:

I get the asking because the easy answer to doing something is “yea we’re firing someone” but at the same time answering that right after the game is not the time. I know we don’t like Canada but he does at least deserve to get the news first privately before it being public. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, warfelg said:

That’s been pretty much every rookie WR since Haley though. 

Route wise, sure, but they are compounding the issue playing him solo. Bryant and Claypool both broke in exclusively at the Z, generally playing with another receiver on their side. 

You can’t have Pickens alone right now. It’s not accomplishing anything. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Route wise, sure, but they are compounding the issue playing him solo. Bryant and Claypool both broke in exclusively at the Z, generally playing with another receiver on their side. 

You can’t have Pickens alone right now. It’s not accomplishing anything. 

Bryant also had AB, Claypool had Juju and Diontae. I know you love DJ but teams don’t double him like they did AB for helping Bryant. They don’t split the middle to open up the middle like they did to DJ and Juju to open the middle for Claypool. 

Should Pickens be running a bigger tree? Yes. Is he also our best WR? Yes. Is anyone else worth doubling? No. I think Pickens needs Pickett to take more chances on those 50/50 balls because Pickens isn’t going to ever be that guy that just outruns and gets wide open. 

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Bryant also had AB, Claypool had Juju and Diontae. I know you love DJ but teams don’t double him like they did AB for helping Bryant. They don’t split the middle to open up the middle like they did to DJ and Juju to open the middle for Claypool. 

Should Pickens be running a bigger tree? Yes. Is he also our best WR? Yes. Is anyone else worth doubling? No. I think Pickens needs Pickett to take more chances on those 50/50 balls because Pickens isn’t going to ever be that guy that just outruns and gets wide open. 

It’s not about loving DJ — it’s that he has the only full route tree. You cannot be singled as much as Pickens is and not eat — at all. But he can’t separate and he had a limited route tree. You cannot survive that solo. 

It has nothing to do with doubling. DJ can at least run in-breakers. Bust a stand occasionally. Double moves (Pickens is horrible so far in this) to work himself free down a rail. 

DJ is the only X we have right now. He has to play there. Jump ball 50/50 guys can’t play X anymore. 

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

It’s a little better use of trying to throw all over. But the play calling is using short passes as a run game yet again. 

they started that in 2018 with randy. it looked better with AB getting so much attention

I bet if ben was healthy in 2019, his season would of gone the same way as 2020 and 21

his 1.5 games that yr looked like what we've been getting

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

It’s not about loving DJ — it’s that he has the only full route tree. You cannot be singled as much as Pickens is and not eat — at all. But he can’t separate and he had a limited route tree. You cannot survive that solo. 

It has nothing to do with doubling. DJ can at least run in-breakers. Bust a stand occasionally. Double moves (Pickens is horrible so far in this) to work himself free down a rail. 

DJ is the only X we have right now. He has to play there. Jump ball 50/50 guys can’t play X anymore. 

So you don’t think Bryant, Juju, Claypool, et all had it easier because of the players around them?

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

sounds like a mess behind the scenes

I bet kenny and George believe they got better coaching/structure on offense in their last yrs in college..... a few weeks ago George mentioned something about how we do things differently than at GA and it did not sound like a praise...

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1