2022 GDT 2-5 Steelers visit the 6-0 Eagles

Steeler Hitman

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I’m not as low on the talent. I still think all of our skill guys are pretty good. We just don’t have that alpha dude like AB or Ben that can make it work without too much scheming. We have guys that would really work well with some stability and scheme on offense. At least that’s my opinion.

I personally feel like you don’t have talent if you don’t have that one guy you can say “go win your matchup”. I think TJ and Minkah are the only two you can do that with on this team at this moment. 

11 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

So then that just might be Chuks not being very aware of where he is. 

Eh… most of the calls on illegible man down field are coming from the interior. Daniel has at least 2. Dotson had one today. It’s something in the teaching or issues in timing. Everybody runs this stuff, they don’t get called as much as we do. 

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Eh… most of the calls on illegible man down field are coming from the interior. Daniel has at least 2. Dotson had one today. It’s something in the teaching or issues in timing. Everybody runs this stuff, they don’t get called as much as we do. 

On the year Okorafor has 5 IIRC. 

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I personally feel like you don’t have talent if you don’t have that one guy you can say “go win your matchup”. I think TJ and Minkah are the only two you can do that with on this team at this moment. 

I agree. I hope we can bring in a few of those guys in the off-season. I just think you can do better without that type of dude than we are currently doing. 

3 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I agree. I hope we can bring in a few of those guys in the off-season. I just think you can do better without that type of dude than we are currently doing. 

You can but even with the right scheme this offense only has mid potential. 

21 minutes ago, warfelg said:

On the year Okorafor has 5 IIRC. 

https://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/ineligible-downfield-pass?year=2022

Before today we only had 5 called all year. Chuks has 3 penalties on the season, one of which was a hold. 

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties-player.html?yr=2022&tm=25

Most cases of this penalty it’s routes developing too slowly or QBs making decisions too slowly. I’d put my money on the latter with two new QBs to the team. 

12 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

https://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/ineligible-downfield-pass?year=2022

Before today we only had 5 called all year. Chuks has 3 penalties on the season, one of which was a hold. 

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties-player.html?yr=2022&tm=25

Most cases of this penalty it’s routes developing too slowly or QBs making decisions too slowly. I’d put my money on the latter with two new QBs to the team. 

I think it’s just not knowing that it’s an RPO. Almost every time they engage the defender and go downfield. 

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think it’s just not knowing that it’s an RPO. Almost every time they engage the defender and go downfield. 

The first part of this would be extremely scar if true, because the second part describes what offensive lineman would do in an RPO. 

If they don’t know…that’s really bad and point directly to coaching. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Could have likely got an early 2nd this past offseason.    Now Im thinking late 3rd round value.

Harris...ha.....6th, maybe?

Bush, future 6th or 7th.

this is jogging my memory, when someone  said they would trade some moldy cheese fro a certain player. I can't remember the player, but with he regression/aggrevation ration here progressing as such, I thought I would bring back some old times😄

I am shocked at how Bush has been invisible considering how he was as a rookie. Still makes the occasional play but is quiet most of the time

Harris is annoying, trying to juke a DBV when he should run him over for the 1st. The trip/dive on the 4th down last week too, he just doesn't get it on this level. 

Johnson might have trade value, and we don't need him. They could throw at Pickens 20x a game and I doubt many defenders will win that battle, Pickens is special and being wasted here.  Tomlin should have challneged the catch he made too. 

14 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

The first part of this would be extremely scar if true, because the second part describes what offensive lineman would do in an RPO. 

If they don’t know…that’s really bad and point directly to coaching. 

I think it's coaching, and here's what I see:

Living in Ravens territoryI see a bunch of RPO used and one thing I can say it they run it like clockwork.  You can almost always count to 3-one-thousand before any OL starts heading downfield.  We don't have that.  Almost immediately the OL goes downfield, there's not lateral movement. 

Watching the Eagles today is what makes me thing it's coaching.  They run RPO a bunch with different concepts and each time the OL was within a yard of the LOS for a 3 count.

We run a lot of the RPO look that was never intended to be a pass, then as soon as we run it with a pass option we have this issue.  Adding on Kenny's last few comments about preferring a huddle that stays in together all the way through and this comment about not studying as much and insinuating people don't know the plays...it just strikes a good cord that coaching is the issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, August4th said:

any chance tomlin benches him or makes hime RB2 after his play and of course this quote above? Warren looked much better out there, easy choice if I'm running the team or OC.  Tomlin has to make a statement  and it could start with putting some players in place such as Harris , team captain throwing players under the bus. 

Warren is so much better. In the offseason, there are always plenty of quality proven vet RB's out there. Just trade Harris while you can NOV1... so within 24 hours 😅