2022 GDT 2-5 Steelers visit the 6-0 Eagles

Steeler Hitman

13 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Maybe that's just benching (short term) your most "untouchable" guys based on contracts like Chuks, Daniels, or DJ. Just SHOW guys that you are actually willing to put guys down that are underperforming. It's not really even about deserving a benching. 

The team didn't bench Devin Bush when he clearly didn't care all of last year. Still isn't clear he cares much this year, and he's playing for a contract. 

Tomlin has his favorites who he will never bench to prove any point. Once in a blue moon someone ends up in his dog house and can't get out of it, for reasons that are never made clear. There is no accountability and almost no risk of losing your job under Tomlin unless his hand is forced. None of this is new.

9 hours ago, warfelg said:

When Tomlin sees something like that he comments that “the effort and desire isn’t there”.

This is...just yea. When has Tomlin ever called out one of his guys for a lack of effort? How can you say this with a straight face when they continued to trot Devin Bush out there last season who had plays that make anything we saw from White against the Ravens look good? It's like the most direct comparison you could make - two highly touted ILB's taken in the first round within picks of one another. 

I follow the team religiously. I can't think of a *single* time Tomlin has said that. What are you even talking about? 

23 minutes ago, jebrick said:

The scary thing is, they do not have anyone better than Bush at ILB

ILBs:

Jack 87% of snaps

Bush 66% of snaps

Spillane 44% of snaps

Marcus Allen and Mark Robinson are the only other options but Allen has been a ST exclusive player and Robinson has yet to get a hat. 

1 minute ago, August4th said:

tampa bay lowkey could be a team with a high enough pick that might trade up for a QB. I hope we somehow end up picking ahead of Carolina, Houston and Detroit. we play the panthers

Tampa may end up picking in the 15-20 range and I'm not keen on falling that far.

1 minute ago, August4th said:

I would be up for it, if Tampa offered a ton. multiple picks in the top 100 in this and the 24 draft

I think it depends. They took Trask in 2021, many of their deals were built to be a one year run it back, and their coaching staff may not survive the offseason. I’ve got a gut feeling that this might be a team that looks to preserve its picks to rebuild. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think it depends. They took Trask in 2021, many of their deals were built to be a one year run it back, and their coaching staff may not survive the offseason. I’ve got a gut feeling that this might be a team that looks to preserve its picks to rebuild. 

good point

maybe teams like the colts and DC could be desperate enough to trade away picks. Colts are a team to watch out for. Irsay seems to becoming frustrated with the QB situation. He may be over going after the vets, so he might want to draft one. Frank might be on his way out. that's a potential OC candidate

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

would also help if more college quarterbacks where showing out

right now it looks like its just stroud and Young. maybe that QB from Kentucky can hype himself up a bit during the pre-draft process with his athletic ability. not sure if Hooker is a NFL starter

Richardson, McKee, Van Dyke playing poorly has really hurt the QB class.  I'm not 100% sold on Stroud to be honest.  I think Young will be the best one but top out in the 5-10 range of QB rankings in the NFL.  If I'm taking Stroud its got to be a team that feels like they are only a QB away like Minnesota.