2022 GDT 2-5 Steelers visit the 6-0 Eagles

Steeler Hitman

The constant ineligible man downfield penalties are coming from poorly designed plays right? If it’s happening with every lineman, every game, it’s gotta be the play design. Can it be anything else? I legit don’t know enough about the X’s and O’s to know what else could legitimately be causing it. 

4 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I wonder how many snaps our defense plays compared to others? 

we've also played some explosive offenses so far

bengals

browns(on the ground)

Bills

fins

Eagles

even the bucs offense seems to produce a bunch of chunk plays despite being mediocre

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The constant ineligible man downfield penalties are coming from poorly designed plays right? If it’s happening with every lineman, every game, it’s gotta be the play design. Can it be anything else? I legit don’t know enough about the X’s and O’s to know what else could legitimately be causing it. 

It’s usually Okorafor. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Running him on the 2 WR side isn’t going to help much

With Matt Canada? Maybe not. But this is where you can use combo routes to have him clear space or get one on one and use the second/third receivers underneath him. 

Putting him solo and running goes just makes a play once in a while in a blue moon. At least next to other receivers he can clear space. The same way a route runner on the single side can clear out the deep third. 

We can’t even simply put our receivers in a coherent order on the field. 

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

With Matt Canada? Maybe not. But this is where you can use combo routes to have him clear space or get one on one and use the second/third receivers underneath him. 

Putting him solo and running goes just makes a play once in a while in a blue moon. At least next to other receivers he can clear space. The same way a route runner on the single side can clear out the deep third. 

We can’t even simply put our receivers in a coherent order on the field. 

I’m so low on this talent that the coaching is going to make little difference to me. 

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I’m so low on this talent that the coaching is going to make little difference to me. 

I’m not as low on the talent. I still think all of our skill guys are pretty good. We just don’t have that alpha dude like AB or Ben that can make it work without too much scheming. We have guys that would really work well with some stability and scheme on offense. At least that’s my opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

So then that just might be Chuks not being very aware of where he is. 

And I think that’s some of what Kenny is talking about with not knowing the playbook. Like, this is how my mind wanders after a comment like Kenny’s. It’s the same play every time that gets him in the inelidgable downfield. Is that maybe a designed pass and not an RPO and Kenny is insinuating that it’s being run wrong? Like he just doesn’t know it’s not a run play? Because it’s literally the same exact play every time.