2022 GDT 2-5 Steelers visit the 6-0 Eagles

Steeler Hitman

1 minute ago, August4th said:

sounds like a mess behind the scenes

I bet kenny and George believe they got better coaching/structure on offense in their last yrs in college..... a few weeks ago George mentioned something about how we do things differently than at GA and it did not sound like a praise...

Yea. I got a feeling these are direct as you can get of “fire Canada”. Because that to me reads like “we don’t know what other teams are doing because we don’t know our own playbook?

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

sounds like a mess behind the scenes

I bet kenny and George believe they got better coaching/structure on offense in their last yrs in college..... a few weeks ago George mentioned something about how we do things differently than at GA and it did not sound like a praise...

Yeah, that’s not a real good look. That’s on Tomlin. 

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

So you don’t think Bryant, Juju, Claypool, et all had it easier because of the players around them?

Well, it doesn’t have to be either or does it? More than one thing can be true at the same time. And it’s not just that AB was incredible — he could beat you anyway. Hence why a 5’10 guy lined up at X and dominated. 

That’s what lining you solo at X takes. You have to be able to win inside, outside, with route running, Vs press, Vs off - everything. The closest we have to that is DJ, as imperfect as he may be. 

You MUST be able to win by yourself at X  Pickens can’t right now  

Playing x has nothing to do with being doubled. It has everything to do with variety. 

Pickens and Claypool should be killing people in stacks. Both of them need help running routes and both of them are limited route runners. Use them together to help each other. 

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Your having a different conversation than me. Enjoy yourself. 

What conversation are you trying to have then, because this is a simple one…

X receiver takes a certain skill set that Pickens doesn’t own (yet). There is a guy on this team that does, however…

Just now, Dcash4 said:

What conversation are you trying to have then, because this is a simple one…

X receiver takes a certain skill set that Pickens doesn’t own (yet). There is a guy on this team that does, however…

I brought up that this is how they break in WRs because that’s what they do. They’ve all done it. Pickens isn’t seeing the success not because he can’t get open on his own or anything like that. It’s that there’s no one that defenses need to key in on to help make those one on ones have the no over the top help shots. 

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I brought up that this is how they break in WRs because that’s what they do. They’ve all done it. Pickens isn’t seeing the success not because he can’t get open on his own or anything like that. It’s that there’s no one that defenses need to key in on to help make those one on ones have the no over the top help shots. 

And I agreed with that point, but they also played almost exclusively on the 2 receiver side. Pickens isn’t and he needs to be. 

It doesn’t matter that there’s no singular key. Not every team has one. But it’s how you use a player with a simple route tree in conjunction with others — not separated by himself. 

8 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

And I agreed with that point, but they also played almost exclusively on the 2 receiver side. Pickens isn’t and he needs to be. 

It doesn’t matter that there’s no singular key. Not every team has one. But it’s how you use a player with a simple route tree in conjunction with others — not separated by himself. 

Agreed there. My point was more that’s just what they do. Rookies run Gos. It’s not working for George because there’s not other aspects (running the ball, other double worthy WRs) to worry about. 

To me him running other routes isn’t going to help much. Running him on the 2 WR side isn’t going to help much.