What would your last meal be?

biggie.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'd recommend a batch of fresh for the family/yourself which should yield enough to freeze 1/2 at a time to be determined/upon an emotional eating period. Maybe I'm the only person who emotionally eats, but I doubt it.

I don’t understand 

You share these things with other people?

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t understand 

You share these things with other people?

I've made them one time and it was for my wife's birthday, and next time I'm going to attempt "smoked" cookies on the smoker. I did a smoked skillet queso last weekend, where people made fun of me, and I served it and watched 8 people express immediate remorse and apologized. Even the little kids there loved it.

So no, my wife's college friends, I don't have a name for my smoker, I don't cuddle with my smoker, I don't neglect my family to spend time with my smoker. Yes, I do spend time around the house while I'm actively smoking meats, dips, and cheeses because I want to cook a quality product, which means that kids are always the best/unfiltered gauge.

My 4 year old is picky (her sister's aren't, which is weird), but literally EVERYTHING I make on the smoker, she responds with a "Daddy, this is my favorite chicken!!!!" (Pork tenderloin, chicken, pulled pork, etc...always called chicken).

So, you guys make fun of me and then do the "why won't my kids eat?!?!?!" derping while you make them something out of that "Instapot that you love".

derp GIF

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I've made them one time and it was for my wife's birthday, and next time I'm going to attempt "smoked" cookies on the smoker. I did a smoked skillet queso last weekend, where people made fun of me, and I served it and watched 8 people express immediate remorse and apologized. Even the little kids there loved it.

So no, my wife's college friends, I don't have a name for my smoker, I don't cuddle with my smoker, I don't neglect my family to spend time with my smoker. Yes, I do spend time around the house while I'm actively smoking meats, dips, and cheeses because I want to cook a quality product, which means that kids are always the best/unfiltered gauge.

My 4 year old is picky (her sister's aren't, which is weird), but literally EVERYTHING I make on the smoker, she responds with a "Daddy, this is my favorite chicken!!!!" (Pork tenderloin, chicken, pulled pork, etc...always called chicken).

So, you guys make fun of me and then do the "why won't my kids eat?!?!?!" derping while you make them something out of that "Instapot that you love".

derp GIF

Anchorman Ron Burgandy GIF by djpresse

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I don't have a name for my smoker, I don't cuddle with my smoker, I don't neglect my family to spend time with my smoker.

The fact that you even need to address this publicly is pretty damning.

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

derp GIF

Daddy, wtf is a "smoked cookie"?  Is it chicken?

Edited by Tugboat

1 hour ago, Dome said:

The fact that you even need to address this publicly is pretty damning.

It’s a sore spot what can I say? It’s been a long fall without enjoying football.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Daddy, wtf is a "smoked cookie"?  Is it chicken?

You just bake them on a stone in a smoker. Smokey/sweet combination.

- Popeyes fried chicken (breast and thigh)

- Popeyes red beans and rice 

- A Reuben from Parkways in New Orleans

- Lamb gyro from Gyro Hut (with the white and orange sauce)

- 225 Roll from Sushi Masa (2-3 of em actually)

- Square “school lunch” pizza (IYKYK)

- Goat chops/chicken kababs/beef kababs/chicken lollipops from Aga’s (honestly, I could probably order a good quarter of the Aga’s menu).

- Barbacoa tacos, Chorizo and potato tacos from Los Palapas in San Antonio 

- Sonic Oreo and Peanut Butter shake 

If I get a stay of execution, I’ll have a different menu for the next time.

23 hours ago, MWil23 said:

So no, my wife's college friends, I don't have a name for my smoker, I don't cuddle with my smoker, I don't neglect my family to spend time with my smoker.

Are you even a man then? jk

Honestly I don't like sweets very much but the smoked cookie thing has me wanting to try one, really badly. Sounds fantastic. 

• Like 1