Draft pick watch

Louis Friend

Lions remaining schedule:

Home vs Vikings 10-2- Tough game. Will be a legit test for the Lions. If they win this game, I think they make the playoffs.

Road vs Jets 7-5 QB?- Tough because it's on the road and Jets defense is legit. However, they have the worst offense in the league. Will be interesting. 

Road vs Panthers 4-8 QB?- This has to be a win. 

Home vs Bears 3-9- Home versus division, win.

Road vs Packers 5-8- Who knows where the Packers will be week 18 and who will be the QB. We always play poorly in Lambeau in December. Hopefully next season, week 18 is at home for us. 

Can the Lions go 3-2 to 8-9 on the season? 

Edited by Louis Friend

8 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Lions remaining schedule:

Road vs Jets 7-5 QB?- Tough because it's on the road and Jets defense is legit. However, they have the worst offense in the league. Will be interesting. 

The Jets offense seems to be quite a bit improved with White at QB. 

On 12/4/2022 at 5:17 PM, CWood21 said:

That you're probably not going to have to worry about SOS when it comes to pick order.

We already had head to head wins over Washington and the Giants. Unless there was a 4 way tie with Seattle I don't think SOS would have been a factor. I think a tie was pretty much worst case scenario for the Lions playoff chances. 

5 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

We already had head to head wins over Washington and the Giants. Unless there was a 4 way tie with Seattle I don't think SOS would have been a factor. I think a tie was pretty much worst case scenario for the Lions playoff chances. 

Unfortunately, SOS is the first determination for draft order.  Right now, Los Angeles has a 20 point lead over Denver in terms of SOS according to Tankathon, so it's going to be hard (but not impossible) to make up that ground.   ESPN has it around a 60 point difference.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Unfortunately, SOS is the first determination for draft order.  Right now, Los Angeles has a 20 point lead over Denver in terms of SOS according to Tankathon, so it's going to be hard (but not impossible) to make up that ground.   ESPN has it around a 60 point difference.

I know this is the draft pick order thread, but at the time we didn't have a playoff watch thread and I was more referring to how did the tie reflect our playoff chances. 

According to a recent DLP podcast, Jeff Risdon had commented on how the Lions have been to Florida 5 times. 

Anthony Richardson could be a target but he said it was more so about two specific players - Ventrell Miller (LB) and O'Cyrus Torrence (OG). Torrence is the only IOL currently with a potential 1st round grade. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

According to a recent DLP podcast, Jeff Risdon had commented on how the Lions have been to Florida 5 times. 

Anthony Richardson could be a target but he said it was more so about two specific players - Ventrell Miller (LB) and O'Cyrus Torrence (OG). Torrence is the only IOL currently with a potential 1st round grade. 

From my understanding, I've posted about the Lions going to Florida previously, it hasn't just been scouts but personnel higher up in the organization. I'm not super high on Richardson, but I don't know of any team making multiple high ranking visits this early for a LB or OG.

I'd really like a RG though. Cutting Vaitai would save us just around $10 Million this off-season and we shore up our line.