Calvin Ridley traded to Jags

Forge

11 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’m going with the guy that was better than Wilson and Olave last year. A guy both thought was the most impressive athlete of the three. 

and im going with the guy with the best Potential whos got elite physical tools and has good production vs a guy whos floor is likely a 1k yard slot wr  who has more limited potential based on his size(6 foot 1) and lack of Elite burst and speed. 

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

it is no Different then when we picked Walker Little. 

we play 3 wrs the majority of the time. 

Marvin is as good as gone.  

Zay has been fairly MIA and kirk is definitely not a number 1 wr.  

rolling with a WR Corps of Ridley-Kirk-Jones with (Jones/Agnew) doesnt reduce the need for atleast atleast a better number 3. 

they made this move cuz theres 0 WR free agents with the potential to be a top end starter.  dont believe me look at the wr free agents to be this offseason.  sure there will likely be some cuts. 

I’m not sure what your point is on Kirk? With Ridley in the fold as the X/outside alpha than that opens things up perfectly for Kirk in the slot. Zay Jones hasn’t really been MIA either, he’s just a solid complementary piece that is being forced to be a focal receiving threat.

They made the move because the draft is a crapshoot and you never know how quickly they can adjust to the NFL. Next year is likely a make it or break it year for Lawrence and Ridley has proven to be a #1 level receiver and brings the exact skillset they’re lacking right now. No need to do mental gymnastics on why they took a relatively low risk trade for a player who’s produced like Ridley.

Wouldn’t be upset in the least if they took a receiver either, but as I said, I don’t foresee them pouring all that $ they are into the receiver position and then going ahead and using a top 10 pick as well on it. A mid round pick to push Zay/improve our depth? Sure. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

and im going with the guy with the best Potential whos got elite physical tools and has good production vs a guy whos floor is likely a 1k yard slot wr  who has more limited potential based on his size(6 foot 1) and lack of Elite burst and speed. 

Justin Jefferson was a 6’1” “slot receiver” who wasn’t explosive. Chris Olave is on pace for more than 1100 yards as a rookie, and he has even missed a game. Chris Olave thinks that JSN is more explosive than both him and Garrett Wilson. JSN is going to show up at the combine and show he’s a great athlete. JSNs is very similar to both Jefferson and Olave…fantastic floor but incredibly high ceiling as well. People are forgetting how good he is. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I’m not sure what your point is on Kirk? With Ridley in the fold as the X/outside alpha than that opens things up perfectly for Kirk in the slot. Zay Jones hasn’t really been MIA either, he’s just a solid complementary piece that is being forced to be a focal receiving threat.

They made the move because the draft is a crapshoot and you never know how quickly they can adjust to the NFL. Next year is likely a make it or break it year for Lawrence and Ridley has proven to be a #1 level receiver and brings the exact skillset they’re lacking right now. No need to do mental gymnastics on why they took a relatively low risk trade for a player who’s produced like Ridley.

Wouldn’t be upset in the least if they took a receiver either, but as I said, I don’t foresee them pouring all that $ they are into the receiver position and then going ahead and using a top 10 pick as well on it. A mid round pick to push Zay/improve our depth? Sure. 

Just because you pay a #2-3 as a #1 and a #3-4 as a #2 doesn’t magically make those players #1 and #2 WRs. Just about everyone but the Jags thought that they overpaid for both players. They had to overpay because they’re the Jags. I personally don’t think Ridley is a particularly strong #1. He’s a good #2, but one that can’t be relied upon right now. I’m still getting the best possible WR in the draft. Every one of these great young QBs have great WRs…Allen has Diggs. Mahomes has Kelce/had Hill. Herbert has Allen. Burrow has Chase. Lawrence has Kirk…that’s a problem.

I wouldn’t say WR is a crapshoot any more than other positions. Last years 1st round WRs are all really good  

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Just because you pay a #2-3 as a #1 and a #3-4 as a #2 doesn’t magically make those players #1 and #2 WRs. Just about everyone but the Jags thought that they overpaid for both players. They had to overpay because they’re the Jags. I personally don’t think Ridley is a particularly strong #1. He’s a good #2, but one that can’t be relied upon right now. I’m still getting the best possible WR in the draft. Every one of these great young QBs have great WRs…Allen has Diggs. Mahomes has Kelce/had Hill. Herbert has Allen. Burrow has Chase. Lawrence has Kirk…that’s a problem.

I wouldn’t say WR is a crapshoot any more than other positions. Last years 1st round WRs are all really good  

I never said it was, just that it is indeed a crapshoot. Going into year 3 with a rookie taken high and the current group would’ve been incredibly risky. Ridley has proven to be one of the more productive WRs in football and the X/field stretcher that is lacking. I’d much rather bank on Ridley coming in and being “the guy” as he showed in ATL than taking one of those WRs and expecting him to immediately be “the guy”. 

Definitely view Ridley in a close comparison to when Diggs was leaving MN. Wouldn’t say Ridley was on the AJ Brown/Tyreke Hill/DHop level but think he’s right in that next tier of a #1 ‘s.

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I never said it was, just that it is indeed a crapshoot. Going into year 3 with a rookie taken high and the current group would’ve been incredibly risky. Ridley has proven to be one of the more productive WRs in football and the X/field stretcher that is lacking. I’d much rather bank on Ridley coming in and being “the guy” as he showed in ATL than taking one of those WRs and expecting him to immediately be “the guy”. 

Definitely view Ridley in a close comparison to when Diggs was leaving MN. Wouldn’t say Ridley was on the AJ Brown/Tyreke Hill/DHop level but think he’s right in that next tier of a #1 ‘s.

I’d take JSN over Ridley in 2023, primarily because I don’t trust Ridley off-the-field and I trust JSN’s floor. What has Ridley even been doing the last year? I’d consider Ridley lagniappe and nothing more. 

On 11/2/2022 at 12:54 AM, .Buzz said:

They will have a lot of $ allocated to Ridley and Kirk after this. I really don’t foresee them trading more capital/paying for another WR.

I honestly don’t think they take a WR high now either. Unless a crazy value play falls I would be surprised if one’s taken prior to round 3/4, if at all.

Zay Jones is pretty expensive too

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I’d take JSN over Ridley in 2023, primarily because I don’t trust Ridley off-the-field and I trust JSN’s floor. What has Ridley even been doing the last year? I’d consider Ridley lagniappe and nothing more. 

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

To each their own.

This move also allows them to compound on the WR room or allocate another major resource elsewhere. 

17 hours ago, .Buzz said:

u remember the last wr we actually drafted  in round 1 was? i think he adjusted quite well as a rookie.  had he fixed and got treatment for his deamons instead of essentially retiring ud probably be hearing his name right near d-hop.  

a mid round pick doesnt usually turn into a starting wr.   the only 2 guys who were mid rounders and still in the nfl that start are Diggs and hill.  both are the exceptions and nit the rule.  u might find a nice slot wr in the mid rounds but u wont really find a good starting outside wr in the mid rounds.  

using a high pick on a WR is probably the smartest play cuz its obvious our wr corps sucks.  getting a high end rookie would allow lawrence to thrive and let Zay be more of the complimentry wr he needs to be since he isnt a number 2 wr. 

lawrence needs more help then just adding Ridley to the wr room.  wr room is likely maybe 20 with ridley in it at best.  need another high-end talent.