Calvin Ridley traded to Jags

Forge

I like this deal for both sides. Obviously hope he resigns with Jacksonville as a 2nd is more than I thought Fontent would be able to bring back. No doubt the talent is there, but he'll be 28/29 next season, have missed 1.5 years, and require a new contact soon. 

13 minutes ago, swoosh said:

I like this deal for both sides. Obviously hope he resigns with Jacksonville as a 2nd is more than I thought Fontent would be able to bring back. No doubt the talent is there, but he'll be 28/29 next season, have missed 1.5 years, and require a new contact soon. 

So you’re telling me he will have the body of a 26/27 year old with the 1.5 years off?

Not a bad deal for either side, assuming Ridley comes back as what he was (he was out producing Julio before he took time off).

Atlanta gets a second, now, for a guy that was probably never going to play for them again + get that $10M off their books. Even with Deion Jones taking up $12M, they’ll be looking at ~$70M in space. A far cry from what they were doing last offseason. Look at them now after a total tear down, competing for a playoff spot. 

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Not a bad deal for either side, assuming Ridley comes back as what he was (he was out producing Julio before he took time off).

Atlanta gets a second, now, for a guy that was probably never going to play for them again + get that $10M off their books. Even with Deion Jones taking up $12M, they’ll be looking at ~$70M in space. A far cry from what they were doing last offseason. Look at them now after a total tear down, competing for a playoff spot. 

Isnt it just a 2nd if he actually gets extended

27 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Isnt it just a 2nd if he actually gets extended

It is.

I’m just giddy the Jaguars actually did something like this as Orlovsky mentioned above. There’s more risk than the Diggs/AJ Brown trades those other teams did, but Ridley is a bonafide #1 WR level talent this team hasn’t had since Jimmy Smith (Blackmon was in that space but,,,). The pick situation is low risk and they only lose a 2nd if he’s a success basically. None of the young/established receivers on the market are to the level of Ridley, and this makes it so you aren’t forced into drafting a WR high. You probably had to force a pick even if we had landed a Claypool/Jeudy level player.

24 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Has anyone ever come back from these 1 year suspensions? Im actually asking, Im a Bears fan and dont really care about the Jags haha

I just dont feel like Ive ever seen someone just come back and get 1k yards after these suspensions

I don't think there's a WR who had 1,000 yards the year prior to a full year suspension, so no. Pretty small sample size but there are some comparisons. Terry Glenn is probably your best. Suspended for 12 games of 2001 season. Pretty much the same player before and after suspension based on stats; 963 yards in 16 games in 2000 and 817 yards in 15 games in 2002 on a new team.

Dante Stallworth is another but he was a non-factor in the year before his suspension (170 yards in 11 games). Plaxico Burress but he missed more than a year and was already over 30. Josh Gordon has been suspended a million times. 

Edited by swoosh