Calvin Ridley traded to Jags

Forge

1 hour ago, MonserinNC said:

Has anyone ever come back from these 1 year suspensions? Im actually asking, Im a Bears fan and dont really care about the Jags haha

I just dont feel like Ive ever seen someone just come back and get 1k yards after these suspensions

The layoff is a concern sure but i feel like if his mental health is good to go he’ll have the support of those around him because what he did isnt seen in the same light as other offenses that get you suspended 

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

The layoff is a concern sure but i feel like if his mental health is good to go he’ll have the support of those around him because what he did isnt seen in the same light as other offenses that get you suspended 

Yeah I feel you....didn't realize he was only 27 either....i knew he was younger than Julio of course, but not like 6 years younger.....good trade....me looking up his age changed my mind a bit....i thought he was closer to 30

19 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Yeah I feel you....didn't realize he was only 27 either....i knew he was younger than Julio of course, but not like 6 years younger.....good trade....me looking up his age changed my mind a bit....i thought he was closer to 30

Haven’t seen you around here in a hot minute. No more “incidents” right?

9 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

What a fantastic low risk trade for the Jags. They could theoretically have JSN, Ridley, and Kirk starting next year

theoretically the jags could have Johnston(Trevor and tall recievers go like Peas and carrots going back to clemson), Ridley, Kirk all starting with big play Zay as the backup lol. 

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

after the jags trade for Tee Higgins

They will have a lot of $ allocated to Ridley and Kirk after this. I really don’t foresee them trading more capital/paying for another WR.

I honestly don’t think they take a WR high now either. Unless a crazy value play falls I would be surprised if one’s taken prior to round 3/4, if at all.

Calvin Ridley bets on his own team to win thus incentivizing him to play his absolute best: banned whole season

Deshaun Watson goes full Quagmire on 20+ women: banned 11 games and gets richest contract in NFL history.

I really hate this league at times.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

They will have a lot of $ allocated to Ridley and Kirk after this. I really don’t foresee them trading more capital/paying for another WR.

I honestly don’t think they take a WR high now either. Unless a crazy value play falls I would be surprised if one’s taken prior to round 3/4, if at all.

kirk can be gotten rid of after next year for 10 million dead space.   whos to say we can count on calvin actually playing like calvin. theres way too many ifs, ands , or butts tomake a determination cuz 1) hes suspended indefinitely. 2) hes missed 1.5 years or so of football.  3) hes already had a Mental health thing.   those are 3 big issues that need to be addressed before we can say the jags dont need to invest in a younger wr who actually has proven chemistry with trevor in college. 

its very doubtful the bengals can keep all 3 of chase, Higgins and boyd and while boyd could be cut for relatively small dead cap do they really want to end up paying 15+ for both Chase and Higgins.  higgins is probably their best trade chip between the 3 cuz chase is definitely their best wr and higgins is definitely their clear 2nd best and hes also 24 after the 23 season.  if the bengals were to say get an offer of something like a 1st for him like aj brown got i think the bengals would be a bit stupid to turn it down considering their oline still cant protect burrows

9 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

Has anyone ever come back from these 1 year suspensions? Im actually asking, Im a Bears fan and dont really care about the Jags haha

I just dont feel like Ive ever seen someone just come back and get 1k yards after these suspensions

Terry Glenn had a 800 yard season immediately after coming back from suspension and two 1,000 yards seasons later on.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

If I recall correctly, - big if -Adrian Peterson was suspended for the season after one game in 2014. Granted he got off-season camps and pre-season and what not so not exactly the same.

He rushed for 1500 yards and 10+ touchdowns the next year.

It would be his last great year, though. A couple of ok years in Washington and not much else.

Edited by Calamity_Cometh
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

kirk can be gotten rid of after next year for 10 million dead space.   whos to say we can count on calvin actually playing like calvin. theres way too many ifs, ands , or butts tomake a determination cuz 1) hes suspended indefinitely. 2) hes missed 1.5 years or so of football.  3) hes already had a Mental health thing.   those are 3 big issues that need to be addressed before we can say the jags dont need to invest in a younger wr who actually has proven chemistry with trevor in college. 

its very doubtful the bengals can keep all 3 of chase, Higgins and boyd and while boyd could be cut for relatively small dead cap do they really want to end up paying 15+ for both Chase and Higgins.  higgins is probably their best trade chip between the 3 cuz chase is definitely their best wr and higgins is definitely their clear 2nd best and hes also 24 after the 23 season.  if the bengals were to say get an offer of something like a 1st for him like aj brown got i think the bengals would be a bit stupid to turn it down considering their oline still cant protect burrows

Seems like about the bleakest of outlooks/planning for worst case scenario but I guess if everything goes wrong for Kirk between now and then and Ridley doesn’t show up, sure?

Of course there’s some level of risk to Ridley being out for a time period. I don’t think they did this trade while picking up what his cap hit will be in 2023 with plans to also add a significant asset to a position group though.

5 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

theoretically the jags could have Johnston(Trevor and tall recievers go like Peas and carrots going back to clemson), Ridley, Kirk all starting with big play Zay as the backup lol. 

I’m going with the guy that was better than Wilson and Olave last year. A guy both thought was the most impressive athlete of the three. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Seems like about the bleakest of outlooks/planning for worst case scenario but I guess if everything goes wrong for Kirk between now and then and Ridley doesn’t show up, sure?

Of course there’s some level of risk to Ridley being out for a time period. I don’t think they did this trade while picking up what his cap hit will be in 2023 with plans to also add a significant asset to a position group though.

it is no Different then when we picked Walker Little. 

we play 3 wrs the majority of the time. 

Marvin is as good as gone.  

Zay has been fairly MIA and kirk is definitely not a number 1 wr.  

rolling with a WR Corps of Ridley-Kirk-Jones with (Jones/Agnew) doesnt reduce the need for atleast atleast a better number 3. 

they made this move cuz theres 0 WR free agents with the potential to be a top end starter.  dont believe me look at the wr free agents to be this offseason.  sure there will likely be some cuts.