Dan Snyder Is Selling the Washington Franchise

MKnight82

6 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

True. He can't buy it outright, but can with Bezos. As a minority (re: shareholder) partner, I think it would be a good step for the team and the league. I want absolutely nothing to do with Jay Z

Is he willing to go in on the deal with Bezos though? Everything I read said Allen wants the majority stake which I don’t even see how that’s possible

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

True. He can't buy it outright, but can with Bezos. As a minority (re: shareholder) partner, I think it would be a good step for the team and the league. I want absolutely nothing to do with Jay Z

Curious as to the gripe with Jay-Z? 

Edited by Slappy Mc

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Is he willing to go in on the deal with Bezos though? Everything I read said Allen wants the majority stake which I don’t even see how that’s possible

Yeah, then he's out if Bezos is involved.

Another one is Josh Harris. He was bidding on the Broncos and refused to get into a bidding war with the Walton family because he didn't want to drive the price of the next franchise up too much. So he's a name that is interesting (and he's a local guy)

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

Curious as to the gripe with Jay-Z? 

Sure but this touches on the rules guardrails so I'll be as brief as possible and then not go further with any discussion.

I had a great friend in my 20s get addicted and couldn't overcome it. She died from an overdose all while her dealer kept supplying her (not giving a crap what was happening to her, just making $$ off of human misery) and despite what her family, me, and the rest of our friends tried to do to get him away from her (and vice versa).

So I have less-than-zero respect for drug dealers and former drug dealers. They are below pond scum to me. And he has openly admitted that he dealt for over a decade spanning the 80s and early 90s.

I can understand that he has left that life behind, and reformed himself. And can acknowledge that we all are due forgiveness and a second chance. He's got one it seems as he's pretty darn successful. 

But that doesn't mean I have to like or respect the person.

If that is uncharitable of me, I don't care. I cared about my friend. Her dealer cared about her $.

So yeah, there's lots of things I want to be able to do and when cheering for the team I want to be able to feel, if not good/great, but decent about cheering for an owner as well. I literally cannot do that if he's involved in ownership. My feelings toward the team will stay the same because I have intense dislike for Snyder now. 

And as promised, I won't talk about this beyond this post.

• Like 2

Very different financial climate today.  Even if you have 20 billion dollars, that doesn't mean you buy it with cash.  Even if the buyer wants to appease the nfl with a cash deal, they may then shift debt to finance other assets they own to even things out.  18 months ago, financing options were very different.  High end loan rates are still much lower than what us peons can acquire, but still, very different.  It could remove some bidders from the game.

The good news about this, is likely the purchaser is gonna do this with cash which simplifies things and will speed up the purchase.

I still prefer an organization over a person, but I know that is not what the nfl wants.  I just know an organization is way less likely to meddle in day to day football affairs.

I'll just say this, if Snyder decides to pull back on this, which I don't think he will or financially can, I'm out and finding a new team. I can't suffer another 30-40 years of this as a fan. I'll find a different team to root for even if I just put names in a hat and pull one out lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

And as promised, I won't talk about this beyond this post.

Sorry to hear about that situation. Personal distaste for a person based off of life choices is a very valid reason. 

Much like Snyder trying to repair his image for 20+ years of illegal and inappropriate workplace situations, there are some things that cannot be forgotten.

• Like 1

The potential buyers are beginning to gather, as the current owner has officially placed the team on the market.

Mat Ishbia, who pursued the Broncos, also plans to pursue the Commanders. He confirmed his interest in a statement to the Washington Post.

“The NFL is a great league and Washington is one of the elite franchises,” Ishbia said. “I am interested in exploring this opportunity further in the very near future.”

Ishbia and Josh Harris, both of whom bid on the Broncos, are potential candidates to buy the Commanders. Jeff Bezos reportedly plans to try to buy the Commaners, as does Byron Allen.

Ishbia is the president and CEO of president United Wholesale Mortgage. He has an estimated net worth of $4.7 billion. He’ll need to be able to essentially write a check for 30 percent of the purchase of the team. If it’s $5 billion, he’ll need $1.5 billion. If it’s $6 billion, he’ll need $1.8 billion.

Jeff Bezos reportedly is considering a bid, as is Byron Allen. Others undoubtedly will join the chase for the Commanders. Assuming Daniel Snyder is serious about selling them.