Dan Snyder Is Selling the Washington Franchise

MKnight82

5 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

This dude, I swear. How much pettiness and buttholeness (wish I could use a different word here) can inside such a tiny fraction of a man?

If I am the league, I would say, sure we will indemnify you against all future legal action by the league, if you give us full decision making to control and broker the deal for the team.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

If I am the league, I would say, sure we will indemnify you against all future legal action by the league, if you give us full decision making to control and broker the deal for the team.  

They need you at Tre negotiating table man.

53 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35726691/former-partners-say-dan-snyder-used-team-fund-lifestyle-took-improper-loan-their-approval

Ok this isn’t like fine Snyder for this type stuff anymore.  This is like Snyder is facing jail time level stuff.

Those guys are starting to realize what Chumps they were for selling to him at such a discount. 

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't think they sold at a significant discount. 

It depends imo if "minority shares" are seen as less valuable - ie, non-controlling shares. If it's 1:1, then yeah, they came up pretty short of what was probably worth double what they got. Then again, 50 cents on the dollar to get out might have been just fine. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It depends imo if "minority shares" are seen as less valuable - ie, non-controlling shares. If it's 1:1, then yeah, they came up pretty short of what was probably worth double what they got. Then again, 50 cents on the dollar to get out might have been just fine. 

Found this old tweet. That makes sense. I figured their shares were "worth less". 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

minority shares are never valued 1:1 with majority shares because ultimately they don't have the same authority. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

minority shares are never valued 1:1 with majority shares because ultimately they don't have the same authority. 

Yeah I figured as much, I just wanted to find official confirmation of that, which Florio provided.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/daniel-snyder-allegedly-charged-commanders-4-5-million-to-put-team-logo-on-his-private-jet-per-report/

"Snyder continues to look even worse after he allegedly was charging the franchise $10 million a year to use his own private jets as well as an additional $4.5 million to put the team's logo on his personal plane, according to ESPN."

Dude is a freaking piece of work. 

5 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/daniel-snyder-allegedly-charged-commanders-4-5-million-to-put-team-logo-on-his-private-jet-per-report/

"Snyder continues to look even worse after he allegedly was charging the franchise $10 million a year to use his own private jets as well as an additional $4.5 million to put the team's logo on his personal plane, according to ESPN."

Dude is a freaking piece of work. 

If you own a large business this is the kind of expense/deduction games you play for tax benefits.  If you own a small business you do the same thing.  The percentage of people I know having their small business pay for their automobile expenses is massive.  Snyder is just playing at a level where one of his automobile is a private jet.  

Honestly, I totally get Snyder's fear of lawsuits post sale.  Snyder might be a villain, but that doesn't change the fact that there is a constant witch hunt to get him.  If I am him, I would surely be scared that I would sell my business for a wind fall of 7B only to have the same people sue me and take the money back.  

7 minutes ago, offbyone said:

If you own a large business this is the kind of expense/deduction games you play for tax benefits.  If you own a small business you do the same thing.  The percentage of people I know having their small business pay for their automobile expenses is massive.  Snyder is just playing at a level where one of his automobile is a private jet.  

Honestly, I totally get Snyder's fear of lawsuits post sale.  Snyder might be a villain, but that doesn't change the fact that there is a constant witch hunt to get him.  If I am him, I would surely be scared that I would sell my business for a wind fall of 7B only to have the same people sue me and take the money back.  

Yeah, I know my uncle does it. He has every whiny wrapped up in his business. I don’t like it, but it’s legal.