Dan Snyder Is Selling the Washington Franchise

MKnight82

So my take on this recently: the local beat guys are dialed in on what's really going on. They're also keeping it more tight lipped to protect their sources. But they're adamant that it's close (whether that is weeks or months I don't know, but that's close). All these people nationally that are reporting stuff - that's coming from Dan and what he wants to feed. He's not gonna use the local guys. So as long as Keim and Standig and the rest keep telling me it's close, I will believe. 

• Like 3

As PFT has reported, the word being used within the building regarding a potential sale of the team is “imminent.” The owners apparently are willing to let things play out.

It may not be simple, given that Snyder has been trying to get the league and the other teams to provide Snyder with a broad grant of indemnity regarding potential liabilities — possibly including those arising directly from the activities of the Commanders.

“The vote-out will happen if he insists on being indemnified,” a source with direct knowledge of the owners’ views told the Post. “If the deal [to sell the team] is just like Denver, that’s fine. But if he expects special treatment, that leads to trouble. The biggest thing that will lead to a vote is if he says, ‘Indemnify me.’ That’s the issue.”

The potential hammer comes from the pending Mary Jo White investigation, a card the NFL will quite possibly play only if absolutely necessary. If Snyder sells, chances are her investigation will be suspended as moot. If he drags his feet for too long, the owners may use her findings as the final straw for conjuring 24 or more votes to get rid of him.

Regardless, the sale process is moving forward. If, as it appears, everything is being kept secret, it could happen at any time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

So my take on this recently: the local beat guys are dialed in on what's really going on. They're also keeping it more tight lipped to protect their sources. But they're adamant that it's close (whether that is weeks or months I don't know, but that's close). All these people nationally that are reporting stuff - that's coming from Dan and what he wants to feed. He's not gonna use the local guys. So as long as Keim and Standig and the rest keep telling me it's close, I will believe. 

I think it’s going to be months. Sometime late spring/early summer the sale will be final IMO, hopefully in time for training camp. JP Finlay pointed out that all of new signings & I assume DaRon Payne as well have to wait until mid May to get their signing bonuses/guaranteed money. That coincides with the owners meetings which are in May.

So, could the team be sold by the May owners meetings, or just after? And then the new owner will pay those signing bonuses/guarantees to the players we’ve signed?

JP seemed to think so & I think he’s either right in prediction or he actually knows & he’s telling his audience it’s just a “maybe” or “how about this scenario?” But, he knows it’s true and that’s what’s going to happen.

Edited by turtle28

Just imagine the day this thread gets unpinned because we’ve celebrated him selling and moved forward. We all knew he was going to take his time this is his last hoorah. But that day is coming guys and that is all that matters

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

makes no sense. Bid has been around  ( reported ) around $5.6 billion but this group jumps it to $7. Why ?

He’s also had some shady business deals in the past, of Cortese it was 15-16 years ago but he and Christian Laetner had some bad investments where they committed fraud during the Housing crisis I believe.

Apparently he’s made a lot of $ off green energy & solar panels. Hard to imagine he & his investors have $7 billion, but maybe I’m the idiot… 🤷‍♂️