Big Nasties - IDL Discussion

MOSteelers56

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

I’d say Keeanu Benton Wisconsin but feel he’s well known and could go Day 2.

Benton will easily be a 2nd round pick, he had a really great year, no one will sleep on him.

Ruke Orhorhoro could be a sleeper, very raw but is so strong and powerful is well worth a look later rounds.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

People always say these things like they are guarantees and they are not. There’s always someone people expect to go in some round that don’t.

He is easily a top 7 DT in the draft, has been around for awhile, I thought he might declare as a JR last year and he stayed.  Had him I think maybe late 1st in January, since moved him to more 2nd round, possibly could fall to the 3rd but honestly he played better than Dexter did and it is not hard to believe 7 DTs will go within the first two rounds.  So the fact he falls past the 2nd, not super likely.  

In the 2nd the Falcons could use interior DL, so could the Browns, Saints, Seahawks and maybe even the Titans so there is a big chance.  

I doubt a guy like DJ Dale goes ahead of Benton and Mazi Smith I would take over him as a NT type and probably Ika but that is probably it.  Benton shows a good splash in the pass rush game especially this past year.  

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

He is easily a top 7 DT in the draft, has been around for awhile, I thought he might declare as a JR last year and he stayed.  Had him I think maybe late 1st in January, since moved him to more 2nd round, possibly could fall to the 3rd but honestly he played better than Dexter did and it is not hard to believe 7 DTs will go within the first two rounds.  So the fact he falls past the 2nd, not super likely.  

In the 2nd the Falcons could use interior DL, so could the Browns, Saints, Seahawks and maybe even the Titans so there is a big chance.  

I doubt a guy like DJ Dale goes ahead of Benton and Mazi Smith I would take over him as a NT type and probably Ika but that is probably it.  Benton shows a good splash in the pass rush game especially this past year.  

No doubt I’m not saying he shouldn’t go at least day 2. I just can’t say a guy is going to go for sure there due to history. 

Kobie Turner from Wake Forest was a very pleasant surprise.  Played all over the DL for Wake from 5-Tech to 0-Tech. Raw but super toolsy. Flying under the radar imo. Former FCS All American who transferred to Wake before the season. Flashes explosive get off, the quickness to sidestep OLs, the lateral agility to flow with zone runs, the power to hold up against double teams, and the body control to split them. Great motor too. Needs work on recognizing blocking schemes and finding the ball. Active hands as a pass rusher but doesn't use them well. Needs to develop a better pass rush plan and better pass rush moves. Has to be more consistent with pad level too.

IMO, he has the potential to be a solid-to-good pass rusher and a great run defender in the NFL if he figures things out. I think his arm length might make it tough for him to become a great pass rusher, despite his other gifts, but he's very hard to move and very disruptive against the run when he plays with proper pad level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Does he have enough juice to stay on the field in pass rushing situations?

Yes but as part of the rotation.  From what I have been able to watch he does play most downs.   He decided to skip the bowl game to concentrate on prep for the combine which is almost always a disappointment. ☹️