Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I think he can be a plus EDGE.  Like a quicker version of Preston.

And his floor is a much better version of Lowry, if he's more on the line and not the EDGE.

I knew very little on LVN before the whole draft process started but now he is the guy I am wanting at 15. He just seems like a versatile player and could play a similar role as Z and hopefully free up Gary and Preston a lot more as well as make Kenny/Wyatt more effective inside. I do admit though he is a high ceiling and low floor type guy. If he busts I see him as out of the league in a hurry.

15 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

I knew very little on LVN before the whole draft process started but now he is the guy I am wanting at 15. He just seems like a versatile player and could play a similar role as Z and hopefully free up Gary and Preston a lot more as well as make Kenny/Wyatt more effective inside. I do admit though he is a high ceiling and low floor type guy. If he busts I see him as out of the league in a hurry.

I get yah, totally.

But I see a high floor in him too.  Because the way he was used?  Just a much better version of Dean Lowry.  It wouldn't work for Van Ness if he's one of the two DT's on the field with two EDGE guys standing up on the end of a 4 man line.  It doesn't really work for anyone.

But if we are running a 3 down lineman set, I think he could thrive in that role.

Or as the power end ala Preston.

• Like 1

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -  Packers receive only 2 compensatory picks for the 2023 draft:

🔹5th (No. 170) for Marquez Valdes-Scantling
🔹7th (No. 256) for Chandon Sullivan

Oren Burks was on the bubble for an additional 7th but didn't quite make the cutoff.

///

Oren Burks....the 3rd pick that continues to fail us :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -  Packers receive only 2 compensatory picks for the 2023 draft:

🔹5th (No. 170) for Marquez Valdes-Scantling
🔹7th (No. 256) for Chandon Sullivan

Oren Burks was on the bubble for an additional 7th but didn't quite make the cutoff.

///

Oren Burks....the 3rd pick that continues to fail us :)

49ers get:

3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 7th for comp picks lol

23 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

49ers get:

3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 7th for comp picks lol

I must be misremembering, because I thought they capped teams at a maximum of 4 comp picks in a year. 

26 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Terrible blocker.

He was the focus of the defense and almost never asked to block. Terrible is a stretch. He's physical and gives really good effort but certainly could use more help with technique.

His ability to get open and catch more than make up for his lack of blocking. We've got enough blockers that can't catch. Use him in the slot. Lafluer could do so much with him in motion. His age is the biggest issue 

Edited by PackFan13

1 hour ago, Kampfgeist said:

Kincaid is no worse than Tonyan as a blocker but will be a substantially better receiver.   Plus, when we sign Josh Oliver in FA we'll have our blocking TE 

Exactly. Just get a good TE. If they think Mayer or the Georgia kid are better then so be it. Kincaid is a great red zone threat too. 

Edited by PackFan13

Looking at the TE prospects, much as I love a good TE and much as I realise that GB needs one, the depth is outta hand. 

Picking one in the first would be a mistake, because it sounds like there will still be quality prospects in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, maybe later. Heck, if they grab someone in the 2nd and another slides to the 3rd, why not. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Looking at the TE prospects, much as I love a good TE and much as I realise that GB needs one, the depth is outta hand. 

Picking one in the first would be a mistake, because it sounds like there will still be quality prospects in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, maybe later. Heck, if they grab someone in the 2nd and another slides to the 3rd, why not. 

I hate this philosophy. If they are clearly a tier better than it's worth a mid to late first. Gute has a horrific track record with 3rd round tight ends. Let's get a potential elite target that can contribute immediately. 

We need to give Love weapons with limited cap space 

Edited by PackFan13