Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I love JSN myself but if I had the picks, I'm going with Bro Jones and Nolan Smith keeping the UGA connection going and then taking someone with measurables at WR like Bryce Ford-Wheaton later in the draft. 

I don't know about Bryce Ford-Wheaton but he has three initials so I am intrigued. I also would probably go in a similar route but LVN over Smith. I like the bigger edge player.

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I love JSN myself but if I had the picks, I'm going with Bro Jones and Nolan Smith keeping the UGA connection going and then taking someone with measurables at WR like Bryce Ford-Wheaton later in the draft. 

I feel like we would ruin Nolan Smith's career.

Just now, CrazyJoeDavola said:

I don't know about Bryce Ford-Wheaton but he has three initials so I am intrigued. I also would probably go in a similar route but LVN over Smith. I like the bigger edge player.

I'm sure the Packers brass would prefer LVN over Smith as well due to the size. I'm just a sucker for an insane athlete and Smith went off in Indy.

Just now, vegas492 said:

I feel like we would ruin Nolan Smith's career.

Nah. Different culture once Aaron's out the door. No more walking on eggshells in the locker room and no more "I'm just better than you" type attitude going around that plagued the defense last year. We're about to change the culture and have some DAWGS in that locker room and I know you love you some dawgs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, I don't know why. That's the best group we could ask for that isn't a pipe dream.

I'll still take the field. I think Bro Jones is more of a pipe dream than others there as well. I think we are more likely to take someone not on your list than on your list. 

Just simple math for me.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I'll still take the field. I think Bro Jones is more of a pipe dream than others there as well. I think we are more likely to take someone not on your list than on your list. 

Just simple math for me.

Sure. I'm just putting my guys out there as a way to will it into existence. It works well with me for the Devils and it worked well with Jordan Love lol. Let me do my damned thing, playboi.

• Like 1

Gimmie Bijan,  best player available strat, he’s the pick every time, then move Dillon.

Bears will probably take him at 9 now and have a great young group of skilled position players. Probably the best in the division.

Edited by fattlipp

15 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Wherever we pick be it our pick, the Jets pick, or both of those picks, we need to draft a WR.

There is no other ending to the Rodgers saga than GB investing a first round pick at WR after turning the franchise over to Jordan Love.

Some people just want to watch the world burn. 

• Like 1

Today the day I finally get into the mood for watching draft prospect videos. I don't watch college football so I don't know anything about the players.

I decided to start simple with QB. I chose to start with Bryce Young vs LSU because they're a good team.

What a let down. Due to the hype I was expecting to see a fantastic player. He was game managing and doing a poor job of it. Couldn't throw deep or to the sides, everything was underthrown, made a number of poor decisions, he was consistently inaccurate. Was he injured or did I inadvertently chose the worst game of his college career?

Of course there are many other highlight vids to watch so I hope that was an anomaly.

Edited by Chili

2 hours ago, Chili said:

Today the day I finally get into the mood for watching draft prospect videos. I don't watch college football so I don't know anything about the players.

I decided to start simple with QB. I chose to start with Bryce Young vs LSU because they're a good team.

What a let down. Due to the hype I was expecting to see a fantastic player. He was game managing and doing a poor job of it. Couldn't throw deep or to the sides, everything was underthrown, made a number of poor decisions, he was consistently inaccurate. Was he injured or did I inadvertently chose the worst game of his college career?

Of course there are many other highlight vids to watch so I hope that was an anomaly.

Just watched both the 2021 and 2022 games and while neither were super impressive he only had two probably three "Eww. Don't do that." plays which in and of itself is a little impressive. Looks like he made mostly all the right decisions even if the end results weren't there. Just being able to consistently not do stupid things probably puts you in the top dozen or so QBs in the league. 

23 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Just being able to consistently not do stupid things probably puts you in the top dozen or so QBs in the league. 

Ha, I was just making this point in discussion about Rodgers - part of his greatness is he had a 15 yr run of almost never throwing a stupid pass (which sometimes led to taking maddeningly stupid sacks), and I think if you coach your team to not commit dumb penalties and turnovers, that gets you to .500 right there. 

19 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Nah. Different culture once Aaron's out the door. No more walking on eggshells in the locker room and no more "I'm just better than you" type attitude going around that plagued the defense last year. We're about to change the culture and have some DAWGS in that locker room and I know you love you some dawgs.

You are really special.

• Like 1