Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

17 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Not really that impressed with his agility scores, but I'm also not that impressed with him as a prospect overall.

His official shuttle time went down from 4.35 to 4.28. His agility scores are basically identical to Gary. No vert or broad (where Gary excelled) but otherwise, they are essentially the same prospect in terms of workout numbers. 

If the Packers want the same type of EDGE they usually covet, Murphy will be on the short list. If they want a bendy guy, that's Nolan and McDonald. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packer_ESP said:

Wait until August when everybody claims we have 9-10 starting caliber WRs and we should try to trade some of them for depth in other positions because otherwise they will 100% get claimed when we cut them.

At least this year i dont have to argue why i want to cut a 3rd rounder for a bad udfa

30 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

At least this year i dont have to argue why i want to cut a 3rd rounder for a bad udfa

Lol.

There is always Rhyan versus Caleb Jones.

I mean, odds are you are gonna have that argument, just at a different position!  :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I keep going back and forth on murphy. For a big dude he can dip the edge pretty well and he has decent power. Or hes a bit too tweener, not quite enough power not quite enough bend.

So he's more Nick Perry than Rashan Gary?

36 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Lol.

There is always Rhyan versus Caleb Jones.

I mean, odds are you are gonna have that argument, just at a different position!  :)

I don't know if Caleb Jones is going to turn into a real player.  But one of the most fun things is watching him throw dudes around in the preseason.  Count me in for at least one more year of that!

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't know if Caleb Jones is going to turn into a real player.  But one of the most fun things is watching him throw dudes around in the preseason.  Count me in for at least one more year of that!

LOL.  Yeah, I get it.  Though I feel like he could be a RT in the league.

I just put his name there as a UDFA that we could keep over a third (turd) round pick.  There will be others...UDFA's and turd round picks.

31 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

So he's more Nick Perry than Rashan Gary?

Eh Idk about that.

He's a guy youre letting off the bus first. Big long and strong and fast. Like Preston with a bit more twitch and speed. I think nick had more compact power to him, if Nick never had all the injuries i think his story is much different anyways. Myles uses a long arm sometimes but thats about all you see, other than him just beating guys off the line. so with some more coaching on the finer points youll really have something there. 

I think hes a real good middle ground between LVN and Nolan.

Or maybe he doesnt develop the counters, tackles catch him crossing face and sit on his bull. 

Edited by HighCalebR

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

The Watson and Kincaid duo could be very similar, in the impact to an offense, as Hill and Kelce.

Big shoes to fill, for sure.  But I think there is some similarity there.

If you have Kincaid with Watson....you just fill in pieces around them for years.

Kelce is maybe the best offensive skill player in the NFL and on pace to eclipse gronk as the best to ever do it.  I think Ertz is the more likely comp which is still a great player. 

I get your point though. They would be a deadly duo together with a really high ceiling. Would do wonders for the offense

3 hours ago, Sandy said:

Not really that impressed with his agility scores, but I'm also not that impressed with him as a prospect overall.

Same-ish.  Agility for his size looks good, but he's just been a bit underwhelming on tape.  Like he's a guy I think is going to be a solid pro in the NFL, but I just don't see anything that screams premium EDGE.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

His official shuttle time went down from 4.35 to 4.28. His agility scores are basically identical to Gary. No vert or broad (where Gary excelled) but otherwise, they are essentially the same prospect in terms of workout numbers. 

If the Packers want the same type of EDGE they usually covet, Murphy will be on the short list. If they want a bendy guy, that's Nolan and McDonald. 

It's the lack of explosion testing that concerns me. I don't see a special player on tape, and for power rushers I want to see how explosive they are. 

With such a deep edge class I'd rather wait and see if he's available in round 2 than take him at 15. And if he's not, I'm sure one of Foskey, Hall, McDonald or White will.

Edited by Sandy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

LOL.  Yeah, I get it.  Though I feel like he could be a RT in the league.

I just put his name there as a UDFA that we could keep over a third (turd) round pick.  There will be others...UDFA's and turd round picks.

By golly, you might have hit on something. Gute must be hanging around people from Two Rivers. They keep talking about the turd round pick and Gute thinks he's supposed to pick a turd on the turd round. Please, somebody explain to Gute the Two Rivers dialect. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Eh Idk about that.

He's a guy youre letting off the bus first. Big long and strong and fast. Like Preston with a bit more twitch and speed. I think nick had more compact power to him, if Nick never had all the injuries i think his story is much different anyways. Myles uses a long arm sometimes but thats about all you see, other than him just beating guys off the line. so with some more coaching on the finer points youll really have something there. 

I think hes a real good middle ground between LVN and Nolan.

Or maybe he doesnt develop the counters, tackles catch him crossing face and sit on his bull. 

a breakdown i saw said myles murphy's whole toolbox is basically the long arm and the push-pull. he showed this his freshman year and never really got more sophisticated - but that whole clemson d-line got worse. was it bresee that fell off due to injury and impacted everyone? coaching?

hard to know. clearly not a bender like von miller tho, i think the gary comp is a good one. worth saying that as pass rusher measurables go, the broad jump is probably the best indicator of explosiveness and we got no data on that so his RAS is with a major grain of salt. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sandy said:

It's the lack of explosion testing that concerns me. I don't see a special player on tape, and for power rushers I want to see how explosive they are. 

With such a deep edge class I'd rather wait and see if he's available in round 2 than take him at 15. And if he's not, I'm sure one of Foskey, Hall, McDonald or White will.

i should read before posting! agreed

• Like 1