Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

2 minutes ago, craig said:

If this discussion resembles the discussion in the Packers war room, there's no way they'll take a pass-target in the first round.  Too many reasons no for each. 

Over the last 20+ years, the Packers have drafted four guys on offense: two QB's, and two OT's (Bulaga and Sherrod).  

I assume Gute will do like he and his respected TT mentor did:  If you don't need a QB, go defense or get a 300-pound lineman.  

Nothing wrong with that, there's some really nice OT and EDGE guys. I like Johnson, Jones, LVN and Smith a lot. Just don't think I'd have Murphy and Wright over QJ and JSN.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm a Zay Flowers stan, I just suppress it because #thresholds

He's a fun little guy, that's for sure. I like Josh Downs but he's probably more of a Mecole Hardman type than an upside play. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

He's a fun little guy, that's for sure. I like Josh Downs but he's probably more of a Mecole Hardman type than an upside play. 

I will put it out there many times between now and the draft that Zay is Antonio Brown and I will not be ashamed to do so. 

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I will put it out there many times between now and the draft that Zay is Antonio Brown and I will not be ashamed to do so. 

Hmm

I'll have to watch him more. Haven't really looked at him since I never figured he'd be on our radar but I remember liking him while watching him on Saturdays. 

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Chris Simms, is that you? We need to get ONE of JSN/ZAY/QR/Kincaid/Washington . Gutey knows he needs to get weapons with no cap space. Get your guys at each position and use a little draft capital to move up if needed. Will have a far greater impact next year than the two first rounders we had last year. 

Edited by PackFan13

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Hmm

I'll have to watch him more. Haven't really looked at him since I never figured he'd be on our radar but I remember liking him while watching him on Saturdays. 

Simms has the same comp and has him #1 above JSN. He's pretty solid with WR rankings. Had our boy Watson his number 2 last year behind Jameson Williams.  I'll take either of them please and thank you

8 hours ago, DWhitehurst said:

According to the Jimmy Johnson chart, it roughly  amounts to a 3rd and a 4th to move up to 10. That is very pricey. 

I have no problem parting with the 3rd if we're acquiring extra early capital in the Rodgers trade. 4th is pushing it

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I like Flowers a lot too, actually. I like how he'd fit this offense and complement Watson and Doubs. I'd take him over JSN.