Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

Tank is not looking so good. Have to win these next two games IMO, losing to the Bears (sans Fields, Mooney, Jackson) and Rams (sans Stafford, Kupp, A-Rob, Donald) does more damage long-term than the higher draft pick does good. Like that's a "holy $&%@ do we need to fire the entire coaching staff?" caliber of loss. We'd have to be a special kind of inept to blow one of those. Miami is probably a safe loss, and at 6-9 at that point, Rodgers probably rests the last two games so they can see Love. You'd have to really sell me on rooting to lose Love's first start at Lambeau...vs the Vikings. Lions game will be the ultimate tank off. Best case 7-10, worst case, 8-9.

Instead of a tank, this will be more of a root for Love, Dillon, Watson, Doubs, Jenkins, Myers, Tom, Enagbare, Wyatt, Walker kind of stretch. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Tank is not looking so good. Have to win these next two games IMO, losing to the Bears (sans Fields, Mooney, Jackson) and Rams (sans Stafford, Kupp, A-Rob, Donald) does more damage long-term than the higher draft pick does good. Like that's a "holy $&%@ do we need to fire the entire coaching staff?" caliber of loss. We'd have to be a special kind of inept to blow one of those. Miami is probably a safe loss, and at 6-9 at that point, Rodgers probably rests the last two games so they can see Love. You'd have to really sell me on rooting to lose Love's first start at Lambeau...vs the Vikings. Lions game will be the ultimate tank off. Best case 7-10, worst case, 8-9.

Instead of a tank, this will be more of a root for Love, Dillon, Watson, Doubs, Jenkins, Myers, Tom, Enagbare, Wyatt, Walker kind of stretch. 

Nope. 

Let's lose out.

You can tell internally that Love is the dude without getting actually wins. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Nope. 

Let's lose out.

You can tell internally that Love is the dude without getting actually wins. 

There is no way to lose the next two games and have Love look anything close to "the guy." It's possible in the last 3 games, but these next two teams will not score on us. Rodgers will feast on their battered defenses like he always does if he plays. It's just not going to happen. The true "tanks" in the league are in Houston, Chi and LAR (for another team to have their pick lol).

Just now, Packerraymond said:

There is no way to lose the next two games and have Love look anything close to "the guy." It's possible in the last 3 games, but these next two teams will not score on us. Rodgers will feast on their battered defenses like he always does if he plays. It's just not going to happen. The true "tanks" in the league are in Houston, Chi and LAR (for another team to have their pick lol).

Joe Barry is our DC. 

NOTHING in the world is guaranteed

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

2020/21 Rodgers probably feasts on these defenses. This year's version hasn't broken 300 passing yards in any game and the Bears might just give it to Montgomery 50 times.

The Rams are absolutely in the toilet so I don't see them losing that one.

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think you can root for Love to play well and still get a loss. Especially with Justin Jefferson vs. this defense.

The 2008 Packers lost 5 of their last 6 and there was still reason for optimism.

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Have you missed our defense against Philadelphia?

4 minutes ago, Striker said:

I think you can root for Love to play well and still get a loss. Especially with Justin Jefferson vs. this defense.

The 2008 Packers lost 5 of their last 6 and there was still reason for optimism.

If we were in line for the 1st pick and there was an Andrew Luck hyped prospect, I'd root for us to lose to the Vikings. When you're talking 9th pick vs 13th, I hope we kick their ***. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Striker said:

2020/21 Rodgers probably feasts on these defenses. This year's version hasn't broken 300 passing yards in any game and the Bears might just give it to Montgomery 50 times.

The Rams are absolutely in the toilet so I don't see them losing that one.

What if I told you Rodgers had only 4 300 yard games last year? 5 the year before? And 4 the year before that? 4 the year before that?

Then what if I told you Brady had 9 in 2021 alone?

Aaron Rodgers is not the QB Packer fans think he is.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

What if I told you Rodgers had only 4 300 yard games last year? 5 the year before? And 4 the year before that? 4 the year before that?

What if I told you no one gives a crap about bulk stats? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What if I told you no one gives a crap about bulk stats? 

The three hundred metric isn’t a bulk stat. Once you get to 400 yards that’s when you start looking at what the game was like and you assume you’re either bulking up the stats or it was a high scoring game.

300 passing yards is not a bulk stat, it’s a legit metric. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I would be a bit more surprised for 2020 vs. 2021, since it seemed like the 2020 offense was a bit more efficient whereas the 2021 team kind of hit a wall.

I'm not surprised at all about '18/'19.