Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

31 minutes ago, Chili said:

Are you not concerned by his tiny catch radius. Everything he catches is close to his chest, i'm not seeing him regularly reaching out to snag the ball.

Nope! But full disclosure, I don't spend nearly as much time on these guys as many here do. Absolutely could be wrong about him. I just know there are a lot of good TE's in this draft and getting one late round 2 to early three makes more sense to me than a 1st rounder based on position value. 

I admit I miss yelling KUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNN in games
so I kinda wanna get Schoonmaker & Kuntz for that reason
SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOON
KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNtz
small pleasures while drinking 😁

I'm also dying for Rodgers to get traded to the Jets so I can start selling DEWORMING THE BIG APPLE tshirts
but that's another story ...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Draft Jake Haener and he could be our Purdy

Could be

An executive said that Iowa State’s Brock Purdy, the 262nd and final player selected, had the highest S2 score among rookies in 2022.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Michael Mayer is going to be a very serviceable TE in the league for 10 years. He's never going to live up to what is expected of him if you grab him in the top 20. 

I'm a Sam LaPorta guy from TE U in late 2 to early 3. 

If the Packers take Laporta with our first second rounder I would not be mad. Very good chance he's the best pro of the draft crop.

10 hours ago, Sandy said:

I wanted to like Mayer but after watching him I wouldn't take him until the late third. Great route running. Good hands. But he's limited athletically. He looks like an Austin Hooper or a Hayden Hurst. I wouldn't use an early pick on that.

Schoonmaker is a natural pass catcher and route runner. Tracks the ball well in the air. His athleticism is obvious. I'd take a shot at his upside before I'd go for Mayer.

Luke Schoonmaker will be 25 years old 4 games into his rookie season. He's not on the same level as Michael Mayer as a prospect. He's fine as a day 3 prospect but let's cap the upside talk here. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Luke Schoonmaker will be 25 years old 4 games into his rookie season. He's not on the same level as Michael Mayer as a prospect. He's fine as a day 3 prospect but let's cap the upside talk here. 

That's what we said about Wyatt last year.

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Michael Mayer is going to be a very serviceable TE in the league for 10 years. He's never going to live up to what is expected of him if you grab him in the top 20. 

I'm a Sam LaPorta guy from TE U in late 2 to early 3. 

Any TE in the first round, or maybe even the second, really needs to come with a knowledge of what exactly is on the board at the time.  I again go back to Bubba Franks, or Marcedes Lewis.  Both were pretty good players in the league.  Were they bad first round picks?  The Packers got 8 years and 3 pro bowls out of Franks, and the Jaguars got 12 years and 1 pro bowl out of Lewis.  Both were very, very stalwart blockers.  I would say neither were bad, but that doesn't make it good either.  Not even going to hindsight either draft, but these weren't franchise altering additions, which is probably what you are looking for in a first round pick.  

• Like 2