Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

The only three scenarios I see as a good draft:

1. We trade up to take one of the premier EDGE rushers.
2. One of the premier EDGE rushers, Carter, Weatherspoon or Gonzalez falls to 13th overall pick and we select them (this being the most likely outcome).
3. We are very high on the OT we select 13th overall.

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Why’s that? I haven’t done too much looking into but seems to be a lot of high upside guys.

Broderick seems to be good in space and the second level but struggle with benders around the edge. 

Pj seems to struggle with footwork, inside moved, strength. 

Wrights upside might be at RT. Doesnt look like a dancing bear to me.  

Skoronski short arms, upside at guard. 

None of these guys are hot n ready for LT work IMO. fortunately we have bakh and dont need them to be

2 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Think it will come down to OT Skoronski, P. Johnson, or Jones then Edge -Van Ness, Murphy.

I think we can get a TE, smaller edge or WR in round 2.

Murphy is my favorite of the pass rush bunch. Love the gary comp, think he could thrive with us. 

Nolan smith scares the heck out of me 

15 minutes ago, MacReady said:

2. One of the premier EDGE rushers, Carter, Weatherspoon or Gonzalez falls to 13th overall pick and we select them (this being the most likely outcome).

Weatherspoon or gonzalez are both great picks for us. Would be happy with either

2 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Broderick seems to be good in space and the second level but struggle with benders around the edge. 

None of these guys are hot n ready for LT work IMO. fortunately we have bakh and dont need them to be

I know it’s an outlier, but Skoronski’s arms are only a quarter of an inch shorter than Bulaga’s. 

Just now, HokieHigh said:

Murphy is my favorite of the pass rush bunch. Love the gary comp, think he could thrive with us. 

Agree on the edges.  I like Murphy and Van Ness over Nolan Smith.   

I still think an OT may be the primary target.  Get a replacement lined up for Bakh now.   Tom looks good but still largely unknown.  They don't seem to like Nijman as a starter. Either way they are going to need another OT soon.  

10 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Any Clemson rusher should scare the heck out of you. Don't think there's a success story yet. 

6 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Jones tends to open his hips instead of moving his feet.  The athleticism is there.  Watching him get out front on outside zone runs is really fun.  He is good at it.

I think Johnson has really good feet.  He tends to jump outside extremely quick and gets beat sometimes with inside counters.  I think he is strong enough, just needs more time playing LT.  Last year was his first at the position.  He would be my first choice of the OT's.

Skoronski also has really good feet.  I am not as high on him as the others as it seems to me like he holds an awful lot.  Didn't get called for it much at the college level, but that is what I see.  If we draft him, I hope I am completely wrong.

Wright looks like a good pass blocker but not as good in the run game as I would expect for someone his size at the college level.  I do think he fits a more power run oriented team rather than outside zone that we run.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I agree that this is a very likely outcome. Anybody have thoughts on who could be sliding? My guess is Gonzalez.