Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

9 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Does anyone remember why Rodgers wore #12 for us?  I see he will be going back to #8 in NY like he had at Cal.

I don't know why he specifically chose/got #12, but Ryan Longwell was still on the team in 2005 and wore #8. 

Edited by packfanfb

26 minutes ago, Norm said:

I brought it up ages ago and the people that replied were like LOLOL NO.

**** wait, that wasn't here. That was the Packers discord I was bumming around in the day AR announced the jets thing. Never mind

Read this and the first thing that popped in my head was Heartland singing I loved her first. 

I didn't love him first, gave him little thought until a friend hit me with the Deebo thing and I was in. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

13 and 78 get us 17 and 49 from pitt. This is my favorite trade option

Not saying it can't happen, but listening to Gutes talk yesterday I think 13 was important to him. Someone asked him about the pick swap from 15 down to 13 and he said it was a very important part of the trade. Might have been the hangup all along. If he fought hard to move up 2 spots, I have a hard time believing they turn around and trade it away. They have a plan based off of their board and the number of players they like in that first tier. Odds are probably fairly strong they are making a pick at 13. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, R T said:

Not saying it can't happen, but listening to Gutes talk yesterday I think 13 was important to him. Someone asked him about the pick swap from 15 down to 13 and he said it was a very important part of the trade. Might have been the hangup all along. If he fought hard to move up 2 spots, I have a hard time believing they turn around and trade it away. They have a plan based off of their board and the number of players they like in that first tier. Odds are probably fairly strong they are making a pick at 13. 

Based on several mocks, which is the extent of my absolute non existent draft knowledge (which puts me like 1% below the “experts”) it seems there will be a dividing line there for some very good OTs and possibly pass rushers and maybe the top receiver right around 13.  As has been said, it might be where one of the last of the top QB prospects also falls so you don’t hang up the phone on offers, but after all of this someone better give up a whole lot to get 13 from Gute’s hands. 

1 hour ago, R T said:

Robinson and Jones would be an easy fit on the field together. Robinson could be a super deluxe Deebo Samuels style of player, but even more dynamic with the ball in his hands. People are all in to draft a slot WR at the 13th pick that would get 5-8 touches a game, well Robinson would be far more productive in that roll and could be given 12-15 touches a game. 

I don't absolutely hate the idea of taking Robinson if he's as elite a prospect as many seem to think.  Adding elite players is never a bad idea.  After Gute spent last years RD1 picks on Quay and Wyatt, and then made the trade up for Watson, I am done with pretending I have any idea what he will do in the draft. 

13 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

If Jalen Carter is sitting there at 13 what are your thoughts?

For character guys, the further they fall the more concerning it is.  Other teams passing on obvious talent because they're not sure about the kid means that they have the same kind of questions about the player that you do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

For character guys, the further they fall the more concerning it is.  Other teams passing on obvious talent because they're not sure about the kid means that they have the same kind of questions about the player that you do.

It's really really hard for me to picture him fitting into an NFL locker room. 

"Hey guys, I'm Jalen and I intentionally raced a friend I knew was extremely drunk over 100mph. I was sober tho. My drunk friend died. I guess you could say my decision really let them down. Who's ready to trust me?"

Edited by incognito_man