Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

5 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

This past year was not a good indicator. Hopefully Rodgers forces their hand. Really though, with how he looked this year, he's probably better off just hanging it up. Don't see another late career resurgence like he had in 2020/2021. He looked cooked all season outside of maybe 4 games.

Agreed. But will he walk away from the contract and that as his last game/ season?

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Agreed. But will he walk away from the contract and that as his last game/ season?

If he walks the walk he can mentally either get around his ego knowing he’s not the same player but still loves the game and play or he will realize it doesn’t matter how it ends—when the fires out its out.

2 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

If he walks the walk he can mentally either get around his ego knowing he’s not the same player but still loves the game and play or he will realize it doesn’t matter how it ends—when the fires out its out.

The fire from March through July is my concern.  Needs to be working on the physical pieces.  After love was drafted, Rodgers got back up that and the results showed

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, squire12 said:

The fire from March through July is my concern.  Needs to be working on the physical pieces.  After love was drafted, Rodgers got back up that and the results showed

Well here we sit in a similar situation to Brett Favre—the question of him playing or not dictates a fair amount of what we can do so we kind of would like an answer sooner than later.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I often feel like the moment players start hinting at retirement, it's probably time to move on. Dude admitted he nearly retired prior to the 2021 season.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I often feel like the moment players start hinting at retirement, it's probably time to move on. Dude admitted he nearly retired prior to the 2021 season.

This is perhaps admittedly unfair of me, but when I heard him say, after either the Tampa or San Fran loss, I can't remember which "I am comfortable with my legacy" - that is when I really felt it was over. It may be true and it may be fair, but it didn't sound like - especially the way he said it - like the fire was there. It sounded like a guy fat and happy. 

1 minute ago, Isherwood said:

This is perhaps admittedly unfair of me, but when I heard him say, after either the Tampa or San Fran loss, I can't remember which "I am comfortable with my legacy" - that is when I really felt it was over. It may be true and it may be fair, but it didn't sound like - especially the way he said it - like the fire was there. It sounded like a guy fat and happy. 

Mental Fat.

• Like 2

15th Pick, I’m going OT/OG even if we trade Rodgers. Think the class is underrated, think the OT class is the gem of the first round, Upgrade on the Runyan/Newman/Yosh combo on the right side as Zach Tom I feel is going to run away with a starting spot next year. Having that elite o-line Skoronski is key if we trade Rodgers or don’t, but fits our drafting MO. Peter Skoronski or Broderick Jones might be our targets, feel they Will both test and fit our athletic standards, needs, and with the amount we try to invest in O-line and the backup line, our focus on o-line in the draft might trump our need for a #1 WR in the draft

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Gute doesn’t deserve to use the 15th overall pick.

What a ****ing loser he is.

If Gute would have done this right, we could have had the five and anywhere from the 3 to the 31st (depending on how much you believe in Love). Either way, it would not have been boring.

8 minutes ago, Striker said:

If Gute would have done this right, we could have had the five and anywhere from the 3 to the 31st (depending on how much you believe in Love). Either way, it would not have been boring.

Not sure if serious, but Rodgers with the Broncos defense would be closer to a SB contender than a bottom-five team.

• Like 1

Just now, Lodestar said:

Not sure if serious, but Rodgers with the Broncos defense would be closer to a SB contender than a bottom-five team.

Don't think any team is a SB contender with this 2022 version of Rodgers at QB, but he certainly would have been better than Russ was this year.