Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

11 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

An interesting takeaway from the Combine re: Richardson.   Daniel Jeremiah and Eisen were talking about Richardson's comp % which is obviously his big glaring flaw.   DJ broke down one of his games and showed is handwritten notes re 6 or 7 different incompletions that were credited to him but were the receivers' fault as drops or in one instance the ball grazed the defender's helmet.    Gave a little rebuttal to the simple box score scouting commonly done.   

Is that phenomenon unique to Richardson?

Seems like all QB have passes dropped/ not fully the QB fault.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

So Darnell Washington's measurements are almost the exact same as Mercedes Lewis when he came out but Washington is a better athlete.  I don't think he makes it out of round 1.

I mean, he's not much of a receiver (he caught 45 in three seasons) and I'm not sure how much you want to rely on projection here.  What pushes TEs up the board is the thought that they would be weapons in the receiving game.  Blocking TEs tend to slip.

30 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Is that phenomenon unique to Richardson?

Seems like all QB have passes dropped/ not fully the QB fault.  

Happens EVERY year when you have a guy with tremendous physical tools, and lackluster stats.

31 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I would draft Washington before I would draft Mayer, honestly.

Honestly, this just doesn't look like a class to draft a TE early in.  Not saying there isn't talent there, but there just seems to be enough depth to justify waiting until later to draft one rather than overdrafting one early.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, he's not much of a receiver (he caught 45 in three seasons) and I'm not sure how much you want to rely on projection here.  What pushes TEs up the board is the thought that they would be weapons in the receiving game.  Blocking TEs tend to slip.

It'll depend on how teams view his film. His role was blocking so he didn't get a lot of targets, and their other TE being an excellent receiver contributed to that.  I think he could be a really good red zone target and chain mover.

He does looks smooth in the receiving drills so far, fwiw.