Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

The question about "Edge or IDL" is less useful without nailing down "who is the best IDL the Packers would have a chance to draft" so we could actually talk about what that guy's worth.

Like for the Edge thing we could actually talk about Nolan Smith and LVN because the Packers have a shot at those guys.

13 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Because unless we can get our hands on a guy like Jalen Carter I see more value on drafting ER with our 15th pick, since you can still find value in IDL in day 2 picks, whereas that's much harder with ER.

But depending on how closely graded they are, I’m saying it might be better to take a slightly lower graded IDL over a so if hotly higher graded edge.

If Carter is at 7 or 15 and we don’t take him I quit.

If he’s not and the next best IDL who might be that guy, I’d consider that over another edge.

I mean "who are the next best IDL after Jalen Carter, do the Packers have a shot at these guys, how would they fit what Green Bay wants to do on defense, what's that worth compared to a player at a different position?"  feels like a set of questions we could address.

I'm not sure that Breese or Mazi Smith really offer much in the way of pass rush, and I don't know if they would want Kancey who is smaller than Rashan Gary.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Honestly thought they cut him for all the good he’s done them.

He had 5 sacks. 

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

Frank Clark-- 24 QB pressures on 717 snaps

Chris Jones-- 46 QB pressures on 916

Preston Smith -- 27 QB pressures on 825 snaps

Kenny Clark -- 17 QB pressures on 807 snaps

Green Bay lacks the pressure numbers from inside on defense

Did I say anything about his performance or an opinion on EDGE vs interior… I found it odd someone who follows the NFL doesn’t know who Frank Clark is.

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean "who are the next best IDL after Jalen Carter, do the Packers have a shot at these guys, how would they fit what Green Bay wants to do on defense, what's that worth compared to a player at a different position?"  feels like a set of questions we could address.

I'm not sure that Breese or Mazi Smith really offer much in the way of pass rush, and I don't know if they would want Kancey who is smaller than Rashan Gary.

Re-signing Reed might be a good play.

Clark, Reed, Wyatt, Slayton rotating with a round 2-4 draft pick.

Giving snap % something like

Clark -70%

Reed - 60%

Wyatt- 60%

Slayton - 40%

Draft pick - 25%

20 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Did I say anything about his performance or an opinion on EDGE vs interior… I found it odd someone who follows the NFL doesn’t know who Frank Clark is.

That guy barely even touches the ball

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Like I said, I legit thought he was cut last year and faded into anonymity. He has 23.5 sacks in 4 years with them. He’s not all that good.