Week 9 Monday Night Football GDT: Ravens @ Saints

AFlaccoSeagulls

No real gripes from me about anything in this game. We did what we were supposed to do. Lamar started off rough but got a little better passing and then finished rough again, so overall again not a good night for him throwing the ball but our run game is starting to come alive, which is great.

Defense was spectacular and Justin Houston was fantastic. 

I guess the one gripe is that it was another game where Odafe Oweh was just invisible the entire game. The only play I remember from him was dropping in coverage and looking totally lost in space trying to tackle Alvin Kamara who was juggling a one-handed reception. That dude just cannot play in space, for whatever reason.

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

No real gripes from me about anything in this game. We did what we were supposed to do. Lamar started off rough but got a little better passing and then finished rough again, so overall again not a good night for him throwing the ball but our run game is starting to come alive, which is great.

Defense was spectacular and Justin Houston was fantastic. 

I guess the one gripe is that it was another game where Odafe Oweh was just invisible the entire game. The only play I remember from him was dropping in coverage and looking totally lost in space trying to tackle Alvin Kamara who was juggling a one-handed reception. That dude just cannot play in space, for whatever reason.

He had a really nice TFL too 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Clark you disgust me. 

Clark has been playing lazy all season long IMO, his effort has been absolute trash too often. Plays where he could force a guy out but let’s them come down in bounds or where he’s complaining about a call vs making a tackle.

I really hope we can trade him this offseason for a mid round pick and move on. I’m so done with him and his lack of effort in finishing plays.

7 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Clark has been playing lazy all season long IMO, his effort has been absolute trash too often. Plays where he could force a guy out but let’s them come down in bounds or where he’s complaining about a call vs making a tackle.

I really hope we can trade him this offseason for a mid round pick and move on. I’m so done with him and his lack of effort in finishing plays.

Yeah people were blasting Peters on that but I thought Clark had the much more egregious play there.

Kenyan Drake has been straight up great in multiple games this year...lowkey shrewd signing by EDC

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah people were blasting Peters on that but I thought Clark had the much more egregious play there.

Only thing I can think of is he thought Peters and the refs' body language was signaling that the runner was ruled out and thus any hit or shove after that point would be a massive flag. Only thing that makes sense for a player as savvy as Clark. Regardless, incredibly bad look.

In contrast Hamilton is really starting to come into his own. He's less awkward in pursuit and starting to adapt to tackling NFL ball carriers. His downhill trigger is getting faster and they're giving him more opportunities. A lot of big nickel on his plate tonight and not just against TEs. You can tell his confidence and comfortability is growing, it's exciting. Let's hope he keeps on this upwards trajectory and starts really making good on those Derwin James/Harrison Smith comps. Looked like he had a limp at one point and we know he's been dealing with something, so the BYE will be really valuable to him and our other banged up players. 

• Like 1

Given the amount I complain about the way we built the team/lack of weapons, feel it's only fair to say that last night, with the exception of a few high-leverage plays, looked very much like the kind of performance that backs up EDC's vision for the team. Defense was suffocating, running game was rolling, and even if the role-player pass-catchers weren't exactly gamebreakers, they were getting open and delivering, particularly on third downs. and where we left points on the table it came down more to some misses from Lamar rather than the other way around. 

Now, the caveat here is that I don't think anyone really doubts the ability for this version of the team to beat up on average or bad teams in the regular season but rather whether this will translate in January. But you'd still rather see it working than not. Great team win. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Given the amount I complain about the way we built the team/lack of weapons, feel it's only fair to say that last night, with the exception of a few high-leverage plays, looked very much like the kind of performance that backs up EDC's vision for the team. Defense was suffocating, running game was rolling, and even if the role-player pass-catchers weren't exactly gamebreakers, they were getting open and delivering, particularly on third downs. and where we left points on the table it came down more to some misses from Lamar rather than the other way around. 

Now, the caveat here is that I don't think anyone really doubts the ability for this version of the team to beat up on average or bad teams in the regular season but rather whether this will translate in January. But you'd still rather see it working than not. Great team win. 

Agreed.

I'm captain obvious here, but it comes down to turnovers (incl 4th down). If we limit back breaking turnovers on offense this team can beat anybody (main reason we lost our playoff games).

Edited by M.10.E