2022 GDT Da Steelers 3-6 host Da Bengals 5-4

Steeler Hitman

Lots of hate for Pickett on NFL Gen.

I get he hasn't looked great, but everything about this offense just looks worse under Canada.    I dont care what anyone says, even Fitchner was better than Canada.     

I wont lie...I am concerned about Kenny's long term prospects, but I am willing to give him a year with an NFL caliber offensive coordinator....assuming we get one.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 43M said:

I get he hasn't looked great, but everything about this offense just looks worse under Canada.    I dont care what anyone says, even Fitchner was better than Canada.     

I wont lie...I am concerned about Kenny's long term prospects, but I am willing to give him a year with an NFL caliber offensive coordinator....assuming we get one.

I agree, he’s not Zach Wilson yet.  He has his moments both good and bad.  He’s a rookie under a piss poor offense. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Evans, Lockett, McLauren

1st name that came to mind was either Godwin or McLaurin honestly…think both just signed long term deals this past offseason so I’m not sure it’s plausible for their original teams to trade them.

The Steelers are incredibly weak at inside linebacker. Jack, Spillane, Bush….they are all below average, well below. I think that need is the most understated one. None of them can cover backs out of the backfield, and, though I hear a lot of praise for Spillane, for some reason, I just keep seeing him miss tackles after the catch. I vote for the Clemson linebacker at pick one, as he can play inside and outside, a better version of Lawrence Timmons.

I will say that this was a terrible performance by the secondary, but the running back out of the backfield plays are just too easy. High percentage throws shouldn’t be so wide open. Reminds me of when I used to watch the Chargers linebackers in the 80s. With decent linebacker play, they would have won a super bowl. Our offense is just a little weaker than that team’s was, however…lol.

Edited by rlon

3 minutes ago, 43M said:

Most of the forum has no idea how bad Canada is…I’m not a fan of a Pickett but he need to get all of next year before making a decision on him.

• Like 1

Just now, AFF said:

Most of the forum has no idea how bad Canada is…I’m not a fan of a Pickett but he need to get all of next year before making a decision on him.

I had a discussion with someone and bailed then the “DJ is rated one of the most open guys” was the defense of the offense and Kenny being the problem. 

Just now, AFF said:

Some of them say Trubisky is better and would open up more for Najee.   xD

2 minutes ago, AFF said:

1st name that came to mind was either Godwin or McLaurin honestly…think both just signed long term deals this past offseason so I’m not sure it’s plausible for their original teams to trade them.

They did but there’s the ability to get out.