2022 GDT Da Steelers 3-6 host Da Bengals 5-4

Steeler Hitman

6 minutes ago, August4th said:

one positive from todays game..all the guys making plays for us on offense were rookies or 2nd yr guys

really hits home how young that unit is

Someone who was at a game recently has mentioned that Kenny, George, Najee, and Pat gather up after almost every drive and DJ sometimes is there and sometimes isn’t. 

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I doubt he asks out. 

He’s up for a massive pay day and the Vikes might be in more of a rebuild mode with Cousins contract voiding and Cook another year older…I don’t know, just a thought….plus it’s the guy Weidl supposedly pounded the table for with the Eagles til he get his legs cut out from him by the coaches.

3 hours ago, AFF said:

Most of the forum has no idea how bad Canada is…I’m not a fan of a Pickett but he need to get all of next year before making a decision on him.

If the team loves a QB in this draft, they would be real foolish not to take him. And they'd be even dumber not to seriously do their homework on every QB prospect available. 

Pickett has done nothing so far to be handed the keys for a second year unchallenged.

3 hours ago, August4th said:

I miss the days when we had a offense like the bengals....

I fear that the Steelers are in for a decade or more of what the Steelers just put the rest of the division through when facing the Bengals. Burrow failed in week 1, coming off that surgery and all, but even when they come out and make plays Burrow is that guy who is going to rally and put a dagger in their hearts in the second half. 

1 hour ago, Shady Slim said:

lol he's just running his mouth clownishly because his offense bailed them out ffs

don't get me wrong our offense with canada in control is middling at best but if we beat them 23-20 or whatever then he's not getting all mouthy

Not as bad as what La’el Collins said. 

Rewatched a few plays from both haves and can see one impact on the offense. 

In the first half the Bengals were in a 4 man front which allowed running lanes to open. In the second half they were back to their 5 man front they had so much success with last year. 

Also Mason Cole was out the second half and JC Haussenhaur was in. The breakdowns kept coming on the left side of the line in that time too. 

The fact we are this many weeks in and the left side has do many issues with basic football defensive line moves is 100% on the players. The fact that they can’t handle a basic stunt or A-gap blitz is mind boggling. The fact that both Moore and Dodson get beat the same way every time because of the same thing is mind boggling. 

And I know someone is going to make the comment “ make a show of it and bench them then.” For who? Jesse Davis? Trenton Scott? Kendrick Green? They aren’t fairing any better. Sadly that left side of the line is the best we have. And for Kenny’s sake I want the best out there. 

Edited by warfelg

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

His post-game comments were embarrassing. complete opposite from what Kenny said yesterday. Wilson won't be in the NFL for long imo

Yup. And this is why I live with the issues Kenny is having 99.9/100 times. He’s improving. Has he made that “oh crap” jump yet? No. But he’s doing the small thing better each week. More downfield shots are happening, more MOF use is happening, he’s starting to avoid sacks. It’s not perfect yet but no rookie is. 

Hell I’ll give a hot take right now. I’d take Kenny’s year 1 struggles over any of the 2021 1st round QBs right now. Heck, I would take Kennys growth this year over Daniel Jones since 2019. 

• Like 1