2022 GDT Da Steelers 3-6 host Da Bengals 5-4

Steeler Hitman

8 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I want to see Kenny making these throws. These are tremendous by Burrow. 

Pause these clips when you see Burrow loading up to throw and look where the receivers are in their route and vs the defenders. This is Burrow's super power; understand and react. 

Kenny doesn't have to be this good, but if he can start making throws like this anticipating and reading/reacting faster, I would start to get excited and change my tune. 

2nd throw I understand.

Not sure I understand how the first one is even remotely special.    Thats a basic throw every NFL calber QB should easily make....no superpowers required.   I get why you wanna see  Kenny make throws like that, though.

41 minutes ago, 43M said:

Not sure I understand how the first one is even remotely special.    Thats a basic throw every NFL calber QB should easily make....no superpowers required.   I get why you wanna see  Kenny make throws like that, though.

The timing and chemistry with Boyd is what stands out to me. Not a mind blowing play by any means but it’s a play Kenny has far from been able to complete consistently and one that Burrow makes look effortless. Hopefully Kenny gets there with Pickens and ‘Muth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 43M said:

To each their own. There’s nothing basic about the timing and anticipation of that play, though. 

7 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

The timing and chemistry with Boyd is what stands out to me. Not a mind blowing play by any means but it’s a play Kenny has far from been able to complete consistently and one that Burrow makes look effortless. Hopefully Kenny gets there with Pickens and ‘Muth.

You said spot on part or why I don’t get using year three Burrow here. He’s been with Boyd and Higgins for three years now. There’s a chemistry and comfort with his WRs that when he throws that they will make the play on it. Kenny doesn’t have that with his WRs. As a rookie I just don’t want to see Kenny continuously make the same bad mistakes, and he hasn’t been doing that. 

9 hours ago, 43M said:

2nd throw I understand.

Difference between a thrower( Pickett) and a passer (Burrow)

7 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Difference between a thrower( Pickett) and a passer (Burrow)

Or rookie vs 3rd year. 

Seariously it would be great to see Kenny make more of those (the big play to Pickens was exactly what is being said he doesn’t do), but to hear most QBs talk about how that’s more built on trust than anything is why I don’t care if he makes those or not. 

You know why, because I would be easily willing to bet when I can that if Kenny did that and it resulted in a turnover, this discussion would be about bad decision making and making throws he can’t make rather than “I wish he made more of them”. 

He’s a freaking rookie. The fact that we haven’t had to go through these growing pains since Kordell Stewart has really mad for some bad commentary on Kenny’s play all around. 

11 hours ago, 43M said:

I feel like too much focus for Steelers fans would go to Kenny not throwing to the outside man that beat his man rather than the pass being on the money to Boyd.

Personally, I care about what Kenny’s curve looks like compared to the rookie curve.  To me, Kenny looks better this year than Trevor Lawrence looked last year.  Lawrence waited for guys to be open and had little feel in the pocket.  Ditto for Tua who was poised for “great things”.  For fun, I went back and threw on some Justin Herbert rookie highlights.  Tell me that doesn’t look, in some ways, to what we are seeing from Pickett.  Hell even Joe Burrow rookie tape looks similar to Kenny’s rookie tape.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

You said spot on part or why I don’t get using year three Burrow here. He’s been with Boyd and Higgins for three years now. There’s a chemistry and comfort with his WRs that when he throws that they will make the play on it. Kenny doesn’t have that with his WRs. As a rookie I just don’t want to see Kenny continuously make the same bad mistakes, and he hasn’t been doing that. 

I don’t think anyone is suggesting Kenny should be on that level yet, just using 3rd year Burrow as a measuring stick to some things he needs to improve on and where we hope Kenny can be by the end of next year or so.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I don’t think anyone is suggesting Kenny should be on that level yet, just using 3rd year Burrow as a measuring stick to some things he needs to improve on and where we hope Kenny can be by the end of next year or so.

I’m fine saying “I hope Kenny will learn to trust his playmakers” like that. The OP says it’s stuff Kenny needs to do, which I read as a comparison right now. Like I said, I don’t care about hoping Kenny can do things a third year QB does. I care about him cleaning up the mistakes he has right now

4 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

just using 3rd year Burrow as a measuring stick

Not even that, just simply using a clip as an example. I don't care if it was 3rd year Burrow, 20th year Brady, or 1st year Brees. It's simply clips that highlight quick processing, fast reaction, and anticipatory delivery to tight spaces.  

5 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Guess there wasn't one. Have a great day, war. Happy Thanksgiving. 

I’m just confused because the other week when I pointed out that things like this (timing dependent) were out of whack, you defended the plays; but this week it’s something you want to see. Would I love to see Kenny eventually make throws with anticipation? Sure. But he’s not there in his development and this offense doesn’t set him up for it because something is just missing. Even Ben has alluded to it on his Footballin podcast that Kenny is improving weekly but something in the offense is off and that it’s the timing of drops/route concepts.