2022 GDT Da Steelers 3-6 host Da Bengals 5-4

Steeler Hitman

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

Agree. Combined 1-4 in the playoffs for Carr and Cousins. Not having difference makers at that position can become a problem when the games get bigger. 

It's going to come down to you goal. Is your goal to win games and be relevant? Than those high floor, low ceilings guys are perfectly fine. You will win games. You can make playoffs. You might make a run every 5-7 years. You likely don't win championships .

If the goal is to have a perennial contender for multiple super bowls, you need a guy with a higher ceiling that can lift your roster when things don't go perfectly. 

I'm all for the idea of having Kenny be a floor guy while we pour every resource into making a better all around team and ignoring QB. But I also want them to pull the trigger as soon as they feel the team is there if Kenny is in the Carr/Kirk range and they feel they have an opportunity to get one of those ceiling smashing guys.

It's incredibly hard to form perfect teams and maintain them. 

They’re are the worst type of QB to have…that middling tier where you pay decent chunk of change but they don’t get you anywhere.

I rather throw a 1st rounder at a potential Franchise QB(top 7 at worst) type every 3 years rather than pay for a Cpusins/Carr type.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AFF said:

They’re are the worst type of QB to have…that middling tier where you pay decent chunk of change but they don’t get you anywhere.

I rather throw a 1st rounder at a potential Franchise QB(top 7 at worst) type every 3 years rather than pay for a Cpusins/Carr type.

For sure. I don't want to pay that type of QB. I don't mind them on a rookie deal, though. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AFF said:

I have always told myself I would never want to draft Ryan Tannehill. The guy who is good enough for you to be afraid to move on from but not good enough to take you anywhere worthwhile.

He may very well end up sucking, but I still would have rather gone after Malik (well, to be fair, I would have rather punted entirely on the position). At least he had some high end tools. Kenny to me is going to fall between a floor of Colt McCoy, middle ground of Andy Dalton, and a high end of Derek Carr. None of those excite me to have drafted in the first and the biggest thing they all have in common is none of them were selected in that round. 

I just wonder how much different we would look right now with a guy like Bailey Zappe. I'm not saying Kenny isn't a better prospect or tryin to pimp Bailey, but there was 117 pick difference between them and I am not sure the gap is that massive. 

Edited by Dcash4

I want to see Kenny making these throws. These are tremendous by Burrow. 

Pause these clips when you see Burrow loading up to throw and look where the receivers are in their route and vs the defenders. This is Burrow's super power; understand and react. 

Kenny doesn't have to be this good, but if he can start making throws like this anticipating and reading/reacting faster, I would start to get excited and change my tune. 

• Like 1

I must say. discussing the progression of pickett's game >>>>>>>>>>> discussing old man ben, "no future here" Mitch or mason. this is refreshing, just hope it does not become the norm at the position lol next we need to get new discussions on how a new OC is doing.

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

Another clip I would chop up and add to George's off-season library. 

Top of the screen, DJ enters the route slowly and straight ahead. Eliminates some space between he and the corner, short chop to get him out of "balance", then commits to the route. He is even at 7, leaving by 10. 

Pickens: enters directly into the route. It's a simple commit for the corner who is on top of him through 15, even at 20, and loses the hip at 23 (from either turning his head back or George with a little hand fight, can't tell). 

Small details in route running make gigantic difference. No problem with Kenny taking the 1 on 1 shot to the guy he trusts (which, likely is the key here). But DJ is the open receiver. 

I am really excited to see George's trajectory after an NFL off-season. If he can be even just an above average route runner....good night!

1 hour ago, AFF said:

It’s just an example of a throw he’s going to have make as a pro…Burrow doesn’t have a cannon but has great anticipation.

Exactly. These throws will be the difference between having a franchise guy or a rookie contract rental when there are limits to the physical upside. 

11 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think he can be better than them. I'm just judging by his physical flashes this season. It's hard to tell where a player will end up. Mental makeup is a big part of it too. I don't think Cousins doesn't win because he doesn't have the talent. I think it's mental makeup. I think Carr could win if he wasn't on such a poverty franchise. I think a QB with Cousins/Carr level of talent can win a SB, they just have to be gamers. I wouldn't say that Burrow is any more talented than either of those guys. 

this, he can be better and I qm not a fan of the other 2 but have hopes fro Kenny despite the canada effect. If he gets a better supporting cast, then lets judge accordingly. Right now it isn't fair to Kenny IMO.  He does have some really nice passes on tape to Pickens and that should keep happening 🤐

2 hours ago, AFF said:

It’s just an example of a throw he’s going to have make as a pro…Burrow doesn’t have a cannon but has great anticipation.

Burrow throws a nice spiral right in stride right to the hands of the WR most of the time. He is going to be a top tier QB for a long time IMO. And we have to face him 2x a year.