So I predicted Washington to make the Playoffs in May. Why?? Name Change! More info inside...

aceinthehouse

So I wanted to share with my fellow football fans, what I shared in Team Forum.

A more detailed account on Washington making the Playoffs in their debut season as Commanders.

Yes, I really liked the draft & thought we did quite well. I did not see the Wentz scenario playing out the way that it has. So I certainly failed in that regard. ( I need to quit predicting player performances cause they always get hurt...lol...Guice, Wentz)

Having said that, I believe I'm gonna get this one correct. I don't know who they will beat, or how they will get there? But Washington will be in the final 7 in the NFC, when all is said & done.

I'm pretty confident in this, because the evidence I have researched?

Shows that when teams change their Team Suffix name & or major changes to their uniforms?

They always make the Playoffs that debut year. It's weird, I know. But it's true.

The Bengals did it in 1981, Tennessee did it when they went from Tennessee Oilers-to-Titans & so on.

So when you guys are formulating your playoff scenarios, predictions or whatever in General.

No matter what you think of Washington. Love them-hate them- whatever. Remember this...

Would you ever bet it will never rain again?

Cause that's your bet, when leaving out Washington Commanders for the 2022 Playoffs. Cause they will be there!

Need to see the evidence?

Click post 👇 below.

• Like 1

In all seriousness, I think the Commanders are like the Broncos. They have a great defense, and that will keep them in a lot of games, even against superior teams.

I still think they have an uphill battle, and are likely looking at the seventh seed if they do make it, but they do have a chance.

Not like they have a super tough schedule moving forward.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

In all seriousness, I think the Commanders are like the Broncos. They have a great defense, and that will keep them in a lot of games, even against superior teams.

I still think they have an uphill battle, and are likely looking at the seventh seed if they do make it, but they do have a chance.

Not like they have a super tough schedule moving forward.

I'd put their division in as one of the toughest barriers - Philly, NYG and Dallas are all hyper competitive. Washington beating Philly doesn't grant automatic wins against the Giants and Cowboys. 

They're 1-2 in division, with three more games left. They need to sweep the Giants and beat Dallas (who is also hard charging to a playoff berth) in th final week of the season to even consider a playoff spot - going anything less than 4-2 is basically a death sentence to playoff aspirations.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'd put their division in as one of the toughest barriers - Philly, NYG and Dallas are all hyper competitive. Washington beating Philly doesn't grant automatic wins against the Giants and Cowboys. 

They're 1-2 in division, with three more games left. They need to sweep the Giants and beat Dallas (who is also hard charging to a playoff berth) in th final week of the season to even consider a playoff spot - going anything less than 4-2 is basically a death sentence to playoff aspirations.

Oh yeah, but their next two games are extremely winnable, and looking at win totals, it’s possible, I think, that every team from the NFC East goes.

The other divisions are just not producing competitive teams right now.

• Like 1