1. 1. Player of the Game?

• Brett Hundley
    • Vince Biegel
    • Kevin King
    • HaHa Clinton-Dix
    • Tae Adams
    • Jamaal Williams

Just now, incognito_man said:

i bet we drop one to either TB or CLE, Rodgers doesn't return and we finish 6-10.

Tonight was a valiant effort, but it took some really fortunate plays to get there. We are outmatched the rest of the way out. 

huh?

I don't think we're outmatched.  In terms of playoff positioning and record it's all but impossible.  But we should compete with TB and kick the crap out of cleveland.

i bet we drop one to either TB or CLE, Rodgers doesn't return and we finish 6-10.

Tonight was a valiant effort, but it took some really fortunate plays to get there. We are outmatched the rest of the way out. 

In reality, this game was probably marked as a loss by most people at the start of the year when everyone was healthy.  Losing always sucks but if I'm a Steeler fan I'm worried that this team just took us to the final play.

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

you dont win many games giving up 500 yards and 31 points

I'd imagine the defensive numbers would look a lot different if an Aaron Rodgers led team would've used those 3 takeaways to eat clock, move the ball and put up points instead of 3 and outs.

The offense was feast or famine today. I'm not sure we had a non scoring drive that was longer than 4-5 plays. It was either TD or 3 and out. We probably got killed in TOP.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

huh?

I don't think we're outmatched.  In terms of playoff positioning and record it's all but impossible.  But we should compete with TB and kick the crap out of cleveland.

We aren't going to kick the crap out of anyone. Cleveland will have their last chance to avoid 0-16 against us. It'll be a close game.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I'd imagine the defensive numbers would look a lot different if an Aaron Rodgers led team would've used those 3 takeaways to eat clock, move the ball and put up points instead of 3 and outs.

The offense was feast or famine today. I'm not sure we had a non scoring drive that was longer than 4-5 plays. It was either TD or 3 and out. We probably got killed in TOP.

Those 2 3n outs used a total of 67 seconds or something like that.  Definitely not doing the defense any favors.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

That is not all that much different than a Rodgers led offense.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Did you not see him throw pre game? I watched him throw before the Minny game in 2013 and I can tell you it looked nothing like that. He's further along now than he was then.

Even if we're 5-9 going into the Minny game, you're going to have a hard time telling a cleared Aaron Rodgers he can't play.

You can play games with the numbers however you want, far too many 8 minute drives by this defense this season and seasons past, including the opening drive tonight. No law against our defense going 3 and out once in a while - Pittsburgh was 7/11 on third downs at one point. 

Carolina, Minnesota and @ Detroit we are all outmatched, yes

oh, yeah for sure.  Those just weren't the games you brought up.

To me, if the season started right now... this is an 8-8 team as it currently stands w/o rodgers.  Which is way better than the 4-12 team it was 3 weeks ago.

Did you not see him throw pre game? I watched him throw before the Minny game in 2013 and I can tell you it looked nothing like that. He's further along now than he was then.

Even if we're 5-9 going into the Minny game, you're going to have a hard time telling a cleared Aaron Rodgers he can't play.

if rodgers comes back vs minnesota at 5-9 i'd freak out.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

We aren't going to kick the crap out of anyone. Cleveland will have their last chance to avoid 0-16 against us. It'll be a close game.

If we play anything like we did vs Chicago or Pitt, we'll wipe the floor with them. The Ravens game team will be a close game.

Archived