• Vince Biegel
    • Kevin King
    • HaHa Clinton-Dix
    • Tae Adams
    • Jamaal Williams

15 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

What did he say

I want a quote. 

"You don't have time to check records," McCarthy said after the game, when asked by a reporter whether he realized what was the longest made kick at the stadium before sending Crosby out to try. McCarthy added: "I obviously have a lot of faith and trust in Mason."

The flow of the game, the time of possession statistics and the energy of the defense were all factors in McCarthy's choice of field goal over punt.

"That's the right decision," he said steadfastly.

Truth be told .. McCarthy should have a clue going in how far Crosby can kick from.  Maybe Crosby talked him into it, but a stats guy on staff should have given McCarthy relevant info regarding kicking conditions in Pitt.  McCarthy has stats for basically every scenario out there, so to say he doesn't have time to check records is probably a load of hogwash.

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

"You don't have time to check records," McCarthy said after the game, when asked by a reporter whether he realized what was the longest made kick at the stadium before sending Crosby out to try. McCarthy added: "I obviously have a lot of faith and trust in Mason."

The flow of the game, the time of possession statistics and the energy of the defense were all factors in McCarthy's choice of field goal over punt.

"That's the right decision," he said steadfastly.

I linked and part of it said they had a mark going either direction. I wonder if that means he was hitting from there before the game at least.

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

Crosby probably told Zook and/or Zook saw him kick that far in warmups.  I doubt Mike is watching his kicker and punter warm up before the game.

Yeah I imagine that's exactly how they do it. That makes the most sense. 

18 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Yeah I imagine that's exactly how they do it. That makes the most sense. 

I'll be the first one to say that even though it was a dumb choice, it was an awful kick by Crosby. That thing wouldn't have been good from 50, maybe even 45. He has to be better than that. He's made some incredible FGs in his time but some of his misses have been really bad misses. That one was up there with the Detroit kick in 2015 at Lambeau. 

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'll be the first one to say that even though it was a dumb choice, it was an awful kick by Crosby. That thing wouldn't have been good from 50, maybe even 45. He has to be better than that. He's made some incredible FGs in his time but some of his misses have been really bad misses. That one was up there with the Detroit kick in 2015 at Lambeau. 

Would it have been good from anywhere? It was really damn bad. IDK what the slip up was because I didn't look that close but he just I think tried to over kick it and it went crazy.

4 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Would it have been good from anywhere? It was really damn bad. IDK what the slip up was because I didn't look that close but he just I think tried to over kick it and it went crazy.

it's not even that.  The whole process of the kicking operation has been way too much in flux to have confidence in a kick that in NFL history is well below 50%, let alone at heinz field.

Crosby is an NFL average kicker at best with this hold/snap/kick combo right now.  This is not 2016 crosby at all.

On 11/27/2017 at 1:10 PM, malak1 said:

I’m not talking about Bennett here. I’m showing you where, just a few weeks ago, you were singing a different tune about the Rodgers situation. 

For or the record, I think Rodgers should sit out if they are mathematically eliminated 

Except it's more akin to a situation where the Packers have locked up their playoff spot and resting their starters so they don't get injured than it's like the Bennett situation.

14 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Except it's more akin to a situation where the Packers have locked up their playoff spot and resting their starters so they don't get injured than it's like the Bennett situation.

If you click the link I posted, I actually laid out the exact scenario for Rodgers. Had nothing to do with Bennett’s situation. 

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

@AlexGreen#20 how did Jason Spriggs grade out against Pittsburgh?

http://m.packers.com/news/video/rock-report-attitude-ability-3098e26f-5da6-47ca-8de2-f194a815abab?campaign=sf174778404_FB_C-Content-GB_CT-The Rock Report-GB_sf174778404&sf174778404=1

I can't figure out how to embed anything on here yet so here's a long link lol. Seems like he was much better 

Archived