Zach Wilson

biggie.

19 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Yeah, I wasn't talking about his NE game.

And yes. I've watch Zach's games outside of NE. I'd wager you didn't. I do wager you saw Flacco's opener though - and that's pretty much Flacco in a nutshell. Not good enough to do much of anything except be there. I don't even think he cares about winning because he plays like he's just there for the paycheck.

I've seen I think 3 Wilson games this year: NE, GB and DEN. I also saw Flacco's opener against the Ravens.

Flacco has always played that way. No emotion. And he's not going to be anything more than just a statue guy. But his ceiling, even this year, is higher than Wilson's.

Unfortunately the reality for the Jets is that there isn't a good QB on the roster. Wilson is going to lose you games by being terrible, Flacco is going to lose you games by being old, and White is going to lose you games by also being terrible. The only QB, IMO, on that roster who can sustain any sort of offense is Joe Flacco, especially with Hall out of the lineup. 

The Jets have the receiving weapons, you might as well go with the only guy who can accurately get them the ball.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I've seen I think 3 Wilson games this year: NE, GB and DEN. I also saw Flacco's opener against the Ravens.

Flacco has always played that way. No emotion. And he's not going to be anything more than just a statue guy. But his ceiling, even this year, is higher than Wilson's.

Unfortunately the reality for the Jets is that there isn't a good QB on the roster. Wilson is going to lose you games by being terrible, Flacco is going to lose you games by being old, and White is going to lose you games by also being terrible. The only QB, IMO, on that roster who can sustain any sort of offense is Joe Flacco, especially with Hall out of the lineup. 

The Jets have the receiving weapons, you might as well go with the only guy who can accurately get them the ball.

Flacco at the very least can throw a screen pass and other basic throws and handle a press conference.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, biggie. said:

Flacco at the very least can throw a screen pass and other basic throws and handle a press conference.

This. I don't care if he's old, he has cement shoes or not. What can do is complete the simple throws Wilson isn't,  plain and simple.

Once again if you're not asking Zach to win you games, surely you can ask the same of a former SB MVP. Just saying.

50 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Zach against 3 top 10 pass defenses and Joe against a bottom 10 pass defense.

And in GB and Den, Zach did what were going to ask Flacco to do anyways: don't throw the game away. I get that Joe is capable of at least that, but I don't see us winning those games with Flacco under center. It's just a whole different, super bland, offense.

So you're right, it's a wash. No matter who we start, it's crap, but I do feel Zach and Mike White are better plays than Flacco.

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

Zach against 3 top 10 pass defenses and Joe against a bottom 10 pass defense.

And in GB and Den, Zach did what were going to ask Flacco to do anyways: don't throw the game away. I get that Joe is capable of at least that, but I don't see us winning those games with Flacco under center. It's just a whole different, super bland, offense.

So you're right, it's a wash. No matter who we start, it's crap, but I do feel Zach and Mike White are better plays than Flacco.

You're missing the main point in with Wilson.

After that press conference and the uproar it caused, Saleh would lose the locker room if he went back to Wilson.

3 minutes ago, biggie. said:

You're missing the main point in with Wilson.

After that press conference and the uproar it caused, Saleh would lose the locker room if he went back to Wilson.

I'm not - that's not the discussion me and @AFlaccoSeagullsare having. We are arguing who's elevates the team more.

I've already noted in other threads that I get the benching, and agree with it as a team moral move. I just don't agree that Joe Flacco is better for our offense.

9 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I'm not - that's not the discussion me and @AFlaccoSeagullsare having. We are arguing who's elevates the team more.

I've already noted in other threads that I get the benching, and agree with it as a team moral move. I just don't agree that Joe Flacco is better for our offense.

I'll defer you to my latest post in the other thread for any further discussion.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Keeping the door open in case White/Flacco suck wind?

I think the coaching staff and front office still believe in Zach. So, it's not so much keeping the door open in case White/Flacco suck, but more so letting Zach know "hey you got to fix x, y and z and then we can talk about starting again".

I don't expect the Jets to trade Zach. He's going to get a chance to work his way back. However, we will most definitely target a top veteran in the offseason. It won't be easy for Zach to earn the starting spot again.