Commanders to continue starting QB Taylor Heinicke even when Carson Wentz healthy

TheKillerNacho

9 hours ago, Geezy said:

As he should! Is that it for Wentz as a starter? 

Possibly. He would be a guy that I could see a team like the Jets targeting if they wanted to bring in veteran competition for Wilson without just handing the vet a job. Like, if they sign someone like Jimmy G, he's just going to be the starter over Wilson. Guys like Wentz or Baker (or if the Saints cut Winston), those are the types that you could sign and still give Wilson and the vet  an honest shot at winning / losing the job

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Wentz took 23 sacks in 6 games. You can't win with that formula. You can throw for a gazillion yards, but at almost 4 sacks a game?

you put yourself at 3rd & long way more, than needed.

Heinike doesn't take that many sacks. That's one of many reasons why we're winning.

That's a sign of poor pocket awareness.

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Possibly. He would be a guy that I could see a team like the Jets targeting if they wanted to bring in veteran competition for Wilson without just handing the vet a job. Like, if they sign someone like Jimmy G, he's just going to be the starter over Wilson. Guys like Wentz or Baker (or if the Saints cut Winston), those are the types that you could sign and still give Wilson and the vet  an honest shot at winning / losing the job

Not sure how open that he'd be to sign somewhere as a backup / mentor but if he's willing to do it I think he could be a very valuable asset for a team with a young developing QB. He has had one of the weirder career arcs of any QB in the league as a top 2 pick that played at an MVP level early on, got hurt but watched from the sideline as his team won the Super Bowl, was replaced by a younger option, played okay for the Colts but then got traded again, and has now been benched by his third team. 

The Jaguars make sense to me, he can reunite with Doug Pederson down there and help mentor Trevor Lawrence.