Week 12 GDT: Raiders at Seahawks

NYRaider

Can we keep the win streak alive?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Back to back wins?

• Yes
    • No

Holy ****..... The defense has one good game and ncough is in here pimping them like they haven't been trash all year lol. WTF

This is the first game they have held a team under their PPG average. The only time it's happened...... and the season is coming to an end in a month and change. 

Stop. Just stop

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Holy ****..... The defense has one good game and ncough is in here pimping them like they haven't been trash all year lol. WTF

This is the first game they have held a team under their PPG average. The only time it's happened...... and the season is coming to an end in a month and change. 

Stop. Just stop

If the offense has a TO on its own side of the field , could get a 3 and out but they could still be in FG range, I will only subtract 3 points and if the offense has a TO in the redzone we will call it 5 point splitting a FG and a TD so therefore a 50% conversion rate which is close to the league bottom.  If a TO is scored then of course it counts as 7 points.  I think this is a fair adjustment. 

LAC 24 - 22.7  Offense TO at LV 31.  Scored TD but only counts as 3.

Adjusted amount 21 vs 22.7

ARI 29 - 22  Do not need to comment because we all know.

Adjusted 22 vs 22

TEN 24 - 18.3  No adjustment

DEN 23 - 13.8  No adjustment

KC 30 - 29.2  No adjustment

HOU 23 - 15.7  No adjustment

NO 24 - 20.8  2 TO in Raider territory or FG range.  1 TD and 1 FG.  Only counts as 6 points

Adjusted 18 vs 20.8

JAX 27 - 21.7  2 TOs one in redzone and 1 in FG range.  Will not count redzone since game was over.  3 points

Adjusted 24 vs 21.7

IND 25 - 16.1  No adjustment

DEN 16 - 13.8  No adjustment

SEA 34 -26.7 1 Int in redzone led to TD, 1 Int in raider territory led to FG, 1 TO on Downs Raider territory led to TD.  11 points

Adjusted 23 vs 26.7

LAC 20 - 22.7  Int returned for TD.  7 points

13 vs 22.7

So that is 4 held under (LAC x 2, NO, and SEA), 1 tie (ARI), 1 within 1 point (KC), and 1 within a FG (JAX).

Now this does not mean they are good but they have had more than 1 good game and this gives a better representation of what the defense has allowed.  Wish I had the time to figure out the teams other opponents.  If anyone can find points off of TOs please let me know and I can figure it out from there. 

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Stop. Just stop

Stats just don't picture the whole story.
Yes the defense was terrible most of the season so far. But since we've added Jerry Tillery, we're finally able to pressure/rush the QB from the inside. Which helps the Defense in general.

Doesn't mean I'm not mad about the performance of the season so far (still mad about the cards game).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

If the offense has a TO on its own side of the field , could get a 3 and out but they could still be in FG range, I will only subtract 3 points and if the offense has a TO in the redzone we will call it 5 point splitting a FG and a TD so therefore a 50% conversion rate which is close to the league bottom.  If a TO is scored then of course it counts as 7 points.  I think this is a fair adjustment. 

Adjusted 22 vs 22

NO 24 - 20.8  2 TO in Raider territory or FG range.  1 TD and 1 FG.  Only counts as 6 points

Adjusted 18 vs 20.8

JAX 27 - 21.7  2 TOs one in redzone and 1 in FG range.  Will not count redzone since game was over.  3 points

Adjusted 24 vs 21.7

SEA 34 -26.7 1 Int in redzone led to TD, 1 Int in raider territory led to FG, 1 TO on Downs Raider territory led to TD.  11 points

Adjusted 23 vs 26.7

13 vs 22.7

So that is 4 held under (LAC x 2, NO, and SEA), 1 tie (ARI), 1 within 1 point (KC), and 1 within a FG (JAX).

Now this does not mean they are good but they have had more than 1 good game and this gives a better representation of what the defense has allowed.  Wish I had the time to figure out the teams other opponents.  If anyone can find points off of TOs please let me know and I can figure it out from there. 

Nice work interesting to see how the offensive mistakes negatively effect the defense in this case of ppg. 

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Adjusted 22 vs 22

Adjusted 18 vs 20.8

Adjusted 24 vs 21.7

Adjusted 23 vs 26.7

13 vs 22.7

I mean, it's nice that you did this but it's kinda irrelevant unless you put the time into the rest of the league to show whether it's applicable or not. We're tied for 5th in the league w/ the lowest amount of turnover so I don't think you're going to find much help if you observe other teams like this. We simply don't give their offenses many more possessions, let alone short fields.

We're 28th in sacks, 30th in INTs. 31st in overall turnovers, 27th in TDs, 26th in 3rd down %, and that's just giving the worst of the worst. I didn't even talk about how we're 25th in overall yards or 26th in PPG

I don't see many positive things when it comes to this defense. In the chart I was looking at, we are only above average in 2 thing..... 2..... rush yards per game and 4th down %.

There's no many positive words to describe this defense no matter how much we try to spin it and trust me, as someone who likes defense, I wish I could say otherwise. 

https://www.lineups.com/nfl-team-rankings/defense

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I mean, it's nice that you did this but it's kinda irrelevant unless you put the time into the rest of the league to show whether it's applicable or not. We're tied for 5th in the league w/ the lowest amount of turnover so I don't think you're going to find much help if you observe other teams like this. We simply don't give their offenses many more possessions, let alone short fields.

We're 28th in sacks, 30th in INTs. 31st in overall turnovers, 27th in TDs, 26th in 3rd down %, and that's just giving the worst of the worst. I didn't even talk about how we're 25th in overall yards or 26th in PPG

I don't see many positive things when it comes to this defense. In the chart I was looking at, we are only above average in 2 thing..... 2..... rush yards per game and 4th down %.

There's no many positive words to describe this defense no matter how much we try to spin it and trust me, as someone who likes defense, I wish I could say otherwise. 

https://www.lineups.com/nfl-team-rankings/defense

I agree this is missing important information as I stated in the post.  Although we do not have many TOs the offense turns the ball over in our own zone at a pretty high rate.  14 TOs in our own territory vs 4 times in the opponents.

10 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I agree this is missing important information as I stated in the post.  Although we do not have many TOs the offense turns the ball over in our own zone at a pretty high rate.  14 TOs in our own territory vs 4 times in the opponents.

For week 1, I understand the 5 points, since we gave up a TD but it was at the 30. . . 
but there was also only 45 seconds left in the half. . . stuff like that should factor in too IMO. 
Teams just seem like they can score quick on us when needed. 

Our D seems to either get the 3 and out, or give up the score haha. Probably a depth issues, as the core guys get tired. 

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

And that will certainly contribute to some scores, yes, but we still don't turn the ball over too often so I feel the comparison to the rest of the league would be comparable. This is still only one facet of the defense which has been very, very bad in a lot of other areas. Hopefully they can improve but to simply try to pimp the defense like ncough is doing is a bad idea. They're not good and haven't been.