Week 12 GDT: Raiders at Seahawks

NYRaider

Can we keep the win streak alive?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Back to back wins?

• Yes
    • No

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Exactly we aren’t a great defense we’re an average defense. 

Inside the 15 vs a playoff caliber team with a good borderline great offense. come on really first play of the game too. 

How bout not throwing that pick? Then we don’t even have this convo…

You throw the term "average" around very loosely.  Our D is terrible as we are last in the NFL in sacks, 25th in PPG, 28th in YPA and tied for 30th in INT.  All very important metrics in tabulating the caliber of a D.  Hardly average...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You throw the term "average" around very loosely.  Our D is terrible as we are last in the NFL in sacks, 25th in PPG, 28th in YPA and tied for 30th in INT.  All very important metrics in tabulating the caliber of a D.  Hardly average...

Yeah, really don't understand the "average" part of our D. It's bad by virtually every possible metric, and even uglier in the eye test. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah, really don't understand the "average" part of our D. It's bad by virtually every possible metric, and even uglier in the eye test. 

It's bizarre that some one can view this D as "average" when it's clearly well below average, amongst the leagues worst. 

We basically give up a ton of points, a bunch of yards per attempt, we can't generate any kind of pressure outside of Maxx, are amongst the leagues worst in generating turnovers and some fans consider that type of production average.  It boggles my mind. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It's bizarre that some one can view this D as "average" when it's clearly well below average, amongst the leagues worst. 

We basically give up a ton of points, a bunch of yards per attempt, we can't generate any kind of pressure outside of Maxx, are amongst the leagues worst in generating turnovers and some fans consider that type of production average.  It boggles my mind. 

It gives the "you have to give them time" crowd something to fall back on in the event they have a good game so they can play "I told you so". 

Josh Jacobs was a highly used average RB without a true #2 to split carries with for 3 years, who was arguably outplayed by Devontae Booker when he was here. He's having a great year now and the fanboys are all "SeE I ToLd YoU jAcObS wAs GoAt!". 

Patrick Graham was defended as being "highly respected" (I'm sure he was, who wouldn't respect the guy who can make a bad QB look HoF bound? Lol). Defense plays one good game and it's "SeE wE tOlD yOu GrAhAm WaS gOoD iF yOu OnLy CoUnT tHiS gAmE aNd IgNoRe HiS hIsToRy Of FaIlUrE yOu EtErNaL pEsSiMiSt!"

Context is something people around here to are more allergic to than poison ivy. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

It gives the "you have to give them time" crowd something to fall back on in the event they have a good game so they can play "I told you so". 

Josh Jacobs was a highly used average RB without a true #2 to split carries with for 3 years, who was arguably outplayed by Devontae Booker when he was here. He's having a great year now and the fanboys are all "SeE I ToLd YoU jAcObS wAs GoAt!". 

Patrick Graham was defended as being "highly respected" (I'm sure he was, who wouldn't respect the guy who can make a bad QB look HoF bound? Lol). Defense plays one good game and it's "SeE wE tOlD yOu GrAhAm WaS gOoD iF yOu OnLy CoUnT tHiS gAmE aNd IgNoRe HiS hIsToRy Of FaIlUrE yOu EtErNaL pEsSiMiSt!"

Context is something people around here to are more allergic to than poison ivy. 

There's only one guy here who is saying such things about Jacobs and I haven't read such things about Graham.

Most of what I've seen was guys who acknowledge that JJ has a career year. And that the D showed at least something against the Seahawks.

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I still don't like the offense.  It's not running smooth, to many stupid plays and drops. Josh thinks one great play makes up for all the stupid one and its not the case.

You can see improvement throughout the year though which is important, imo. 
yes, not what we all hoped for at the start of year. But with no waller and renfrow, the O is starting to show some signs at least.

It amazes me how black-and-white every argument has to be with this fan base. Derek Carr, Patrick Graham, Josh McDaniels, the offense, defense, etc. 

There is a middle here where we can support these players, coaches, schemes etc. and it doesn't have to be all in or all out. Can we not except and praise the good things while also critiquing the bad things?

Why is it so hard to accept that there is a growth process? There will be good and bad with everything, nothing will be perfect. Why can't we judge on the growth and development of the individuals or schemes vs. these wild extremes on one side or the other. Who I support versus who I don't support.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Def is 23rd in points per game. With a offense that that constantly puts us in bad field situations. Including one game where they never even crossed the 50 yrd line.

Sacks - jax and cinci have one more sack than us and are ranked 12th and 13th ppg respectively so you’d hate their defense also.

int- nyg is tied with us at 4ints and are ranked 12th in ppg. den has 6int and is ranked 3rd in ppg. Colts also only have 4ints.

so according to your metrics these teams don’t meet your defensive standards either which isn’t surprising.

also def is tied for 8th in points scored with sf, dal the #1 & #2 defenses respectively 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It amazes me how black-and-white every argument has to be with this fan base. Derek Carr, Patrick Graham, Josh McDaniels, the offense, defense, etc. 

There is a middle here where we can support these players, coaches, schemes etc. and it doesn't have to be all in or all out. Can we not except and praise the good things while also critiquing the bad things?

Why is it so hard to accept that there is a growth process? There will be good and bad with everything, nothing will be perfect. Why can't we judge on the growth and development of the individuals or schemes vs. these wild extremes on one side or the other. Who I support versus who I don't support.

CARR'S FAULT!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Def is 23rd in points per game. With a offense that that constantly puts us in bad field situations. Including one game where they never even crossed the 50 yrd line.

Sacks - jax and cinci have one more sack than us and are ranked 12th and 13th ppg respectively so you’d hate their defense also.

int- nyg is tied with us at 4ints and are ranked 12th in ppg. den has 6int and is ranked 3rd in ppg. Colts also only have 4ints.

so according to your metrics these teams don’t meet your defensive standards either which isn’t surprising.

also def is tied for 8th in points scored with sf, dal the #1 & #2 defenses respectively 

You can't be serious.  Your limited football knowledge never seems to amaze me. 

You cherry pick individual D categories mentioned then and pick a team that is ****ty in that area but has an overall good D.  We suck in all of the areas mentioned and if you combine our ineptness in those categories we have a bottom tier D that you call average.  Unbelievable that you can try to defend this D as average and it keep making you look more foolish by the day.  

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You can't be serious.  Your limited football knowledge never seems to amaze me. 

You cherry pick individual D categories mentioned then and pick a team that is ****ty in that area but has an overall good D.  We suck in all of the areas mentioned and if you combine our ineptness in those categories we have a bottom tier D that you call average.  Unbelievable that you can try to defend this D as average and it keep making you look more foolish by the day.  

🫡 you’re right DEFENSE FAULT