Week 12: Bengals @ Titans

TitanLegend

A lot of eyes will be on Nashville this weekend, as we're the only game on Sunday that features a match up between teams with a winning record(Giants/Cowboys and Pats/Vikings on Thanksgiving are the only other 2 games between teams with winning records).

The Bengals present a tough match up, boasting one of the best passing offenses in football that could potentially be getting Ja'Mar Chase back, against our secondary that has proved leaky at times. However, their offensive line is still their weak point, allowing the 4th most sacks this year. Hopefully over this mini-bye, Simmons and Dupree will have gotten healthy as while we seem to have avoided disaster with Autry's injury, it doesn't seem likely he'll be available for this game.

Their defense has been inconsistent this year as it relates to points allowed, however they possess one of the best pass defenses, with the 8th best pass defense as it relates to yards per attempt, and the 2nd best pass defense in completion percentage allowed. Tannehill has posted two of his better games the past two weeks against great pass defenses, so seeing that continue here would be nice. Their run defense isn't quite as stout, allowing 4.4 yards per carry this year, so a steady dose of the King should be expected again.

This game could have a lot of meaning when it comes to playoff seeding at the end of the year, as the Bengals are very much in the race to win the AFC North.

If Fulton is out and chase is back... We have a real issue. Ben jones being out sounds bad but hear me out lol. Brew fits better as a C and Dillon Radunz pass blocking is solid lol. So my theory is when Ben comes back the pass blocking goes down cause Brew isn't a G but the run blocking should be better lol.. Wish we would find a way to get daley out man. Anyways lol

Hooker and Molden back is GREAT we need DBs that aren't PS guys or Cincy will put 40 on us lol. Bud would be huge for this game seeing how Autry is out. We can shut these boys down running and if we come in and throw on 1st down more like vs GB and spread it around. We have solid weapons we just don't use em. Need Trey to have a day.

Im ready for these next two weeks. Super personal imo and BIG games vs good teams.

Edited by VY-FTW

3 hours ago, Titansfan said:

Man I’d absolutely love Burks to be a superstar. I can keep believing until proven otherwise. 

He reminds me a lot of Alshon Jeffery. I wonder if he has a Alshon Jeffery like career if that’ll be enough for most fans.

That also made me go back in time to put things in perspective regarding Burks and the AJ Brown situation/trade. Back in 2012 if the Cowboys or Giants traded away Dez Bryant or Hakeem Nicks for Jeffery, it’d be viewed the same way the AJ trade is viewed for us. Looking back though, the careers of all 3 of those guys are/were pretty similar. So pretty much what I’m saying is, I have to been more patient with the trade and how it plays out when it’s all said and done.

Sorry for this somewhat off topic post in a GDT but it’s just a late night thought I had.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

He reminds me a lot of Alshon Jeffery. I wonder if he has a Alshon Jeffery like career if that’ll be enough for most fans.

That also made me go back in time to put things in perspective regarding Burks and the AJ Brown situation/trade. Back in 2012 if the Cowboys or Giants traded away Dez Bryant or Hakeem Nicks for Jeffery, it’d be viewed the same way the AJ trade is viewed for us. Looking back though, the careers of all 3 of those guys are/were pretty similar. So pretty much what I’m saying is, I have to been more patient with the trade and how it plays out when it’s all said and done.

Sorry for this somewhat off topic post in a GDT but it’s just a late night thought I had.

I think he is faster then Jeffery ever was. He reminds me more of AJ Brown more than any of these guys oddly enough lol

Random thought

We got the Jags 2x Hou LAC who we match up well with imo. And I think we win them all or spilt with the jags if we are seed locked and Malik gets the start. So these next two games are a big test for us but even if we go 1-1 we can still finish 11 or 12 wins and the Dallas game will have a huge playoff feel and I think we can get them and that would give us our statement win going into the playoffs. Unless we are out of the 1 seed race and are resting people which very well might be the case but I wouldn't count us out 

13 wins isn't out the question and that is wild with our roster... 

Edited by VY-FTW