QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

3 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

So since this is QB talk, what are our thoughts on the backup QB situation?

Is a veteran backup also on the wish list? Could we (should we) bring back someone like Teddy Bridgewater? Josh Johnson? What about a guy like Chase Daniel?

Also, do we have to draft a developmental guy or just go with Streveler as the No. 3 and revisit next year at this time?

Forget No. 2 for No. 2.  

Sorry, it is still Wilson.

3 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

To your point, Bobby, we have had ONE 4,000+ yard quarterback in the history of the franchise. Aaron Rodgers has had 10 seasons of 4,000+ yards all on his own.

Yeah this has been a long, drawn-out process. But let's not forget what exactly we are acquiring here.

We are finally getting HOPE.

Yet, we may think Jackson as back up plan. lol.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

In this is where a GB fan has no clue how to relate to a Jets fan. A franchise that has had a franchise QB for 30 years starlight thinks a team that hasn’t had one in 50+ years would back out of a potential deal for an elite QB (yes I think AR is still elite).

You continually go back to this "Me not understanding the plight of the NYJ's" theory. I know what the Jets have gone through....and I hope you dont pull out of this transaction - cause I want you to enjoy AR fully :)

As for the Packers QB procurement processes - I'm all for it. I think they do it right - primarily (and foremost) because they do it without tanking or stinking for an extended period so they can gather up top tier draft slots. No. They do it while being playoff contenders. 

I'm fine with the drafting of Love - though the selection took me by surprise, I've always have been okay with the move. The player was a mystery to me because I dont follow college ball that closely - so I put my trust in the GB FO making a good decision - plus - AR'd had two straight down seasons and recently run our last SB winning coach out of town - plus - the drafting of Love got AR to refocus on his game (which had been slipping) and quit talking about retiring a Packer as if it was some divine right and his performances didnt matter.

AR hunkered down.....two more MVPs showed up.

I know AR has more in the tank. That's not in question IMO and perhaps with a change to NY he'll refocus himself again and his on the field performance will improve again.

I'm ready for the Jordan Love era to begin. I'm ready to take my chances with him.

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Sorry, it is still Wilson.

Dont discount the NYJ FO thinking (hoping?) AR's influence can get Wilson's head screwed on tight. In a figurative (or contract) sense....Wilson become Jordan Love - only Wilson's already on the roster (and pissed off a fair amount of it with his attitude.) - but a re-commitment to his craft (and success) will win back the roster easily and AR's short time career dovetails with Wilson coming back....or being given that opportunity at least. 

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Dont discount the NYJ FO thinking (hoping?) AR's influence can get Wilson's head screwed on tight. In a figurative (or contract) sense....Wilson become Jordan Love - only Wilson's already on the roster (and pissed off a fair amount of it with his attitude.) - but a re-commitment to his craft (and success) will win back the roster easily and AR's short time career dovetails with Wilson coming back....or being given that opportunity at least. 

Humbling him may work.  We will see.

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Humbling him may work.  We will see.

Yeah.....he believes (or acts) like his **** doesnt stink. We'll....if last years experience....where half the offense was openly pulling for his backups to play....doesnt get through to him and get his feet back on the ground....nothing will.  Time will tell. Having AR around (at this stage of both their careers) should be a good thing.

Edited by Leader

What are Rodgers demands now, how many players from the Packers does he wants us to get. Is this some kind of a bad joke. First he destroys our FA period, who knows what next. How hard did they go after Carr? Don't ever bother to tell me because i don.t believe anything anymore. It is at this point now we just should show him the door. So this year we go 4-13 and get a top the pick in 2024. And we will probably **** up that pick also.

30 minutes ago, Leader said:

You continually go back to this "Me not understanding the plight of the NYJ's" theory. I know what the Jets have gone through....and I hope you dont pull out of this transaction - cause I want you to enjoy AR fully :)

As for the Packers QB procurement processes - I'm all for it. I think they do it right - primarily (and foremost) because they do it without tanking or stinking for an extended period so they can gather up top tier draft slots. No. They do it while being playoff contenders. 

I'm fine with the drafting of Love - though the selection took me by surprise, I've always have been okay with the move. The player was a mystery to me because I dont follow college ball that closely - so I put my trust in the GB FO making a good decision - plus - AR'd had two straight down seasons and recently run our last SB winning coach out of town - plus - the drafting of Love got AR to refocus on his game (which had been slipping) and quit talking about retiring a Packer as if it was some divine right and his performances didnt matter.

AR hunkered down.....two more MVPs showed up.

I know AR has more in the tank. That's not in question IMO and perhaps with a change to NY he'll refocus himself again and his on the field performance will improve again.

I'm ready for the Jordan Love era to begin. I'm ready to take my chances with him.

Don't listen to these takes. We have guys that justify the poor GM job we've had lately to the point they'll say Love was a good pick because he made Rodgers play better. Regardless of health, new coach, talent and the fact that he just played like he has the majority of his HOF career.  Ran the McCarthy out of town is also a delusional take.

The truth is the GM failed to add weapons next to Adams, took a QB way too early along with mediocre draft results, especially on offense that has forced us to the situation we are in now. 

We lost Adams and had no one close to a starting number one wr aside from a promising rookie who was injured a lot of the year. Nothing at TE and without Watson on the field we had one of worst group of pass catchers in the league in a supposed all in year. 

We are lucky if he gets traded as we get some draft picks back instead of just paying the HOF to retire. Now we get to pay part of his salary to play for another team. Great vision from our GM. 

23 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

What are Rodgers demands now, how many players from the Packers does he wants us to get. Is this some kind of a bad joke. First he destroys our FA period, who knows what next. How hard did they go after Carr? Don't ever bother to tell me because i don.t believe anything anymore. It is at this point now we just should show him the door. So this year we go 4-13 and get a top the pick in 2024. And we will probably **** up that pick also.

Jets have enough talent they're probably not in the mix for Caleb Williams.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Not happening

Yep.  At this point, the Lazard signing pretty much cements my opinion that Rodgers had a few "wants" before he'd sign off on going to the Jets.  You make a deal with the devil and they're going to come for a price.  LIS, I'll be interested in what the trade compensation is at this point.