QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Yep.  At this point, the Lazard signing pretty much cements my opinion that Rodgers had a few "wants" before he'd sign off on going to the Jets.  You make a deal with the devil and they're going to come for a price.  LIS, I'll be interested in what the trade compensation is at this point.

Yes very interested. Looks like we’ll find out tomorrow afternoon on McAfee if it’s official. I wonder how longer after that we hear the details. Obviously AR won’t discuss details. But once public. I think all the details surface.

I'm going with Wingo here. He is doubling down and the rest of the reporters are mad because WINGO broke the story. BOOOM. 

I think the hold up is Rodgers reworking his contract to save money on the cap. Reports are out you have to wait a whole year before you rework a contract and that contract was sign today a year ago I think. So things will fall into place tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm going with Wingo here. He is doubling down and the rest of the reporters are mad because WINGO broke the story. BOOOM. 

I think the hold up is Rodgers reworking his contract to save money on the cap. Reports are out you have to wait a whole year before you rework a contract and that contract was sign today a year ago I think. So things will fall into place tomorrow. 

Good thing they didn’t pivot to Baker Mayfield huh? lol

25 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Is that actually a thing about the contract? Half the Packers forum in shambles. Take care of him, jets. He's a helluva player. 

29 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Is that actually a thing about the contract? Half the Packers forum in shambles. Take care of him, jets. He's a helluva player. 

Shambles?  Don't be dramatic.  We're thankful for what he did, but the Packers have fallen short with him and talent on the roster.  With a depleted roster, there is no more upside.

11 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/14/packers-may-be-content-to-wait-until-the-draft-to-trade-aaron-rodgers/

Not great, Bob.

But if I had to guess, it’s a last minute leverage ploy by the Packers to get the most out of the Jets as they can. Because let’s be honest, the Jets need this done yesterday. 

So he misses out his favorite target, eh?

12 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

But if I had to guess, it’s a last minute leverage ploy by the Packers to get the most out of the Jets as they can. Because let’s be honest, the Jets need this done yesterday. 

It's possible, but probably not likely.  I think this is Rodgers' doing.  Does anyone really feel it's a coincidence that he's going on right as the new league is starting?  I don't think it's a coincidence.

Because of our commitment to getting Rodgers , Packers and Rodgers are in full control of us. Rodgers know we're willing to cut and sign who ever he wants, so he's getting his friends paid before his grand entrance. Packers know after signing Rodgers request, JD can't do all of this and not come away with Rodgers. So if the Packers wanted to, they could jack up the demand. 

All we can do it hope JD figures out how to build the rest of the team and Rodgers put up MVP numbers. 

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Shambles?  Don't be dramatic.  We're thankful for what he did, but the Packers have fallen short with him and talent on the roster.  With a depleted roster, there is no more upside.

I'm talking about him holding up the deal.  It's obviously time to trade him with the lack of talent on the team.