QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

52 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's a SUBSTANTIALLY better chance he retires than him suiting up for the Packers this year.  He's not going to come back to sit behind Jordan Love.  He's not that desperate to collect $60M.  He can collect money in other avenues.  If you don't understand that, then you haven't followed Aaron Rodgers for very long.

And I don't think there's any Packers' fans who think they're getting multiple FRPs.

Ahh right.. Rodgers, who has made it clear he wants to continue playing, will instead forfeit $60m so he can help out the Packers, after they effectively end his career by refusing to trade him. 

Guess I haven't followed Rodgers for very long, must be the type to fall in line with authority? 

There's no world in which the Packers tell Rodgers his career is over, against his will, and his response is to help them on his way out. I mean c'mon, lol. 

Honestly I don't even know what Packers fans think they're getting, the entire debate has become "I'm right, you're wrong" - from what I've seen, expectations have lowered and the dogma has only increased.

19 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Ahh right.. Rodgers, who has made it clear he wants to continue playing, will instead forfeit $60m so he can help out the Packers, after they effectively end his career by refusing to trade him. 

Guess I haven't followed Rodgers for very long, must be the type to fall in line with authority? 

There's no world in which the Packers tell Rodgers his career is over, against his will, and his response is to help them on his way out. I mean c'mon, lol. 

Honestly I don't even know what Packers fans think they're getting, the entire debate has become "I'm right, you're wrong" - from what I've seen, expectations have lowered and the dogma has only increased.

He was 90% sure he was going to retire, and then suddenly coming out of the darkness he figured out he wanted to play again.  If he's as close to retirement as Jets' fans seem to think he is, why would he retire rather than sit on the bench behind Jordan Love?  If his choices are to either sit on the bench behind Jordan Love or retire, you really think the man is going to only think about the money?  I'm not saying him being petty isn't an option, but it's amazing how "perfect" this situation happens to work out for the Jets in this situation.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I haven't seen any reputable sources suggest that it's the money that's holding things up.  I believe the latest reports suggest that the Packers feel the Jets are lowballing, while the Jets feel that the Packers have set an unrealistic asking price.  I'd love to know who is reporting that $$$ is the issue.

Where have you seen/heard that the Jets are “lowballing” the Packers? Not just an assumption from someone, but an actual sourced report? Because I saw another GB fan mention this on Twitter today but can’t find anything on it. If the Packers did indeed leak such a report then that would signal to me that this deal really isn’t close to being done, and that it will probably go into the final week of the draft. 

Edited by BlaZeN37

1 minute ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Where have you seen/heard that the Jets are “lowballing” the Packers? Not just an assumption from someone, but an actual sourced report? Because I saw another GB fan mention this on Twitter today but can’t find anything on it. If the Packers did indeed leak such a report then that would signal to me that this deal really isn’t close to being done, and that it will probably go into the final week of the draft. 

Rob Demovsky was on (I believe) the Rich Eisen show the other day, and he mentioned that he seemed to be on the belief that the Packers felt they were being low-balled.

• Like 1

I think the consensus is a Day 2 pick plus a conditional Day 3, so let's make it a little survey if you have time Jets' fans.

1.) What would you give up as far as a 2024 pick goes if it meant a GUARANTEED Super Bowl (i.e FRP, SRP, etc.)?
2.) What would you give up as far as a 2024 pick goes if it meant a GUARANTEED AFC Championship appearance (i.e FRP, SRP, etc.)?
3.) What would you give up as far as a 2024 pick goes if it meant a GUARANTEED playoff appearance (i.e FRP, SRP, etc.)?
4.) Would you be willing to increase that conditional pick IF you received a '25 IF Rodgers retires?

2 hours ago, fattlipp said:

What a ridiculous trade for us. If we trade a WR, it's going to be Denzel Mims or Corey Davis.  We are supposed to give up a 2nd round pick, Elijah Moore, and a conditional 1st? Ridiculous. 

This idea that Elijah Moore will be traded because he requested a trade is ridiculous, he is most likely going to be happy with Rodgers throwing him the ball. He didn't like LaFleur, and apparently players really like Hackett, so he might be more happy now. 

Edited by NYJets4716

50 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think the consensus is a Day 2 pick plus a conditional Day 3, so let's make it a little survey if you have time Jets' fans.

1.) What would you give up as far as a 2024 pick goes if it meant a GUARANTEED Super Bowl (i.e FRP, SRP, etc.)?
2.) What would you give up as far as a 2024 pick goes if it meant a GUARANTEED AFC Championship appearance (i.e FRP, SRP, etc.)?
3.) What would you give up as far as a 2024 pick goes if it meant a GUARANTEED playoff appearance (i.e FRP, SRP, etc.)?
4.) Would you be willing to increase that conditional pick IF you received a '25 IF Rodgers retires?

1)2024 first round Pick I would give up if we make the SB. 

2)AFC championship, probably a 2nd round pick. 

3)Playoffs, probably 3rd round pick considering we have a team who should make the playoffs.

4) Probably stay around the same, I think Rodgers will play 2 years for us, but its not guaranteed.

I would probably put if we can win a division title, we haven't won the division since 2002.   I'd easily put a late 2024 first if we were to go far, but Joe Douglas likes first round picks because they offer 5th year options which helps teams.  Idk what the Jets are going to offer, apparently the Packers feel like the Jets are low balling them.

Joe Douglas has done very well in trade in the past, he isn't the Rams, he values draft picks. We had a trade agreed to for Tyreke Hill without giving up a first last year, Douglas values firsts. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Nope. Take Moore out and it’s fair. Moore is the equivalent to a late 1st. That’s not me making that up. That’s what we told teams that it’d take to trade for him last year. So you’ve lost your mind if you think you’re getting what we consider a 1st in Moore our 2nd and a conditional pick.

If you want a WR it will be Davis or Mims. Moore stands 0 chance if being traded. With Rodgers he very well might be an elite slot guy

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

He was 90% sure he was going to retire, and then suddenly coming out of the darkness he figured out he wanted to play again.  If he's as close to retirement as Jets' fans seem to think he is, why would he retire rather than sit on the bench behind Jordan Love?  If his choices are to either sit on the bench behind Jordan Love or retire, you really think the man is going to only think about the money?  I'm not saying him being petty isn't an option, but it's amazing how "perfect" this situation happens to work out for the Jets in this situation.

It has nothing to do with money — the guy wants to continue his career, he isn’t going to simply retire because the Packers want him to. If it were to ever get to that point (which it won’t), of course he’d be hellbent on screwing the Packers in the same way they did him. To think Rodgers would part ways amicably and bail out the people who just prematurely dictated the end to his career is ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

It has nothing to do with money — the guy wants to continue his career, he isn’t going to simply retire because the Packers want him to. If it were to ever get to that point (which it won’t), of course he’d be hellbent on screwing the Packers in the same way they did him. To think Rodgers would part ways amicably and bail out the people who just prematurely dictated the end to his career is ridiculous.

To piggy back off of this….. just listen to his interview. You can tell he has respect for the organization bc they gave him a 18 year career there. But for sure isn’t happy the way it’s going down. Seemed pretty kissed off that when he came out of his retreat, that they were done with him. He made sure to say that several times. That they chose that they were done with him. So then he had the choice to make to retire or play elsewhere. And that’s when he decided to play and want to play for us.

As you stated bc GB made him turn the page. He will do no favors for them. In fact I can see the exact opposite. Longer this drags on and the more he’s on McAfee…. The more he’ll drag GB through the mud. And when there’s no one on GBs side addressing this trade (bc they’re sworn to secrecy)… they’re the bad guys.

7 hours ago, fattlipp said:

LOL!!!!!! You want two 2nd round picks PLUS MOORE who was just drafted in the second round. So three second round pick LOL!!! 

Like I said before I REALLY hope he Jets walk away from this now. GB is trying to get more after those QB's signed and GB is the one holding things up. Many reports have come out that GB feels they are being low balled. Ya you are it is a take it or leave it deal. Keep Rodgers and have cap hell for the next few years and then add the fact that Love needs a new contract. So if GB is in cap hell good luck getting players to help love. GB needs to be REALLY careful here. They have a team that is willing to take Rodgers on and he is willing to go there. 

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

My conditions would be this....

1st: Only if we WIN the SB

2nd: If we make it to the AFCCG

3rd: If we make the playoffs

4th: If we miss the playoffs

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

LOL!!!!!! You want two 2nd round picks PLUS MOORE who was just drafted in the second round. So three second round pick LOL!!! 

Like I said before I REALLY hope he Jets walk away from this now. GB is trying to get more after those QB's signed and GB is the one holding things up. Many reports have come out that GB feels they are being low balled. Ya you are it is a take it or leave it deal. Keep Rodgers and have cap hell for the next few years and then add the fact that Love needs a new contract. So if GB is in cap hell good luck getting players to help love. GB needs to be REALLY careful here. They have a team that is willing to take Rodgers on and he is willing to go there. 

This is a point that hasn't been brought up enough.

There 100% was a trade agreed to before we were allowed to talk to AR. Lots of sources have said this.

GREEN BAY after this changed that price. They did this. If the media wants to blow up a story... why isn't it that GB agreed to a verbal agreement with the Jets and since have changed that and are asking for more. A line was drawn and GB tried to move it. GB should be getting drilled in the media for this.

This is the equivalent of you buying a house and you agreed to an interest rate of 3.2% with your lender. It gets right before closing and for no reason at all, the lender changes your interest rate to 4.9%. Are you just agreeing to that? No way. You're going to say what happened to 3.2%? Why is it now 4.9%? And the lender just saying, because it's what we're demanding now and we have the leverage bc you really want this house.

• Like 1