QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

8 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Honestly not terrible although still too much for my liking.  I would try and beat you up and say winning a Superbowl gets you the 2024 1st, making it gets you a 2nd, and playoffs gets you a 3rd.  Retirement gets you nothing pre draft or you return the same round to the Jets in 2025 if it's post draft. 

13 to 15 is about a late 3 and I'd offer you a 43 for 78 swap which is basically another early 3rd late 2nd.  That's essentially two 3's (one early one late in value).  Your real value is in 2024 if Rodgers takes us deep and plays another year.  I'd say a 3rd is pretty likely (playoff bound) so you'd be getting 3 thirds Rodgers for mostly likely or more.  Two 3rds for a 1-year rental sounds reasonable if he bails after a year. 

I'd love to hand you a 2024 1st for a Superbowl win trust me.

Nothing should be tied to a Jets SB appearance. The odds are that remain very long.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Nothing should be tied to a Jets SB appearance. The odds are that remain very long.

Just like the odds of GB getting a first (very long) so the only way a 1 goes to GB is if a Superbowl is at the very least reached. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

The problem is you're not devaluing future picks.  A 3rd round pick this year isn't worth a 3rd round pick next year, so even assuming it's a late 3rd round pick in 2024 doesn't mean it's equal to a 2023 late 3rd round.  That's an issue that I don't think you're evaluating correctly.

So the "floor" of a SRP this year and a 3rd round pick next year is more like a SRP and a 4th round pick this year, which falls well short of a FRP+ worth of value.

The picks have a value attached to them already. Bc there's conditions to them.

Future picks don't hold value when there's no conditions. But when they do. There's 100% value to them.

And I'm doing it based on where we'd be. Our 2nd rounder this year has a value of 470 points.

A 1st next year if we win the Super Bowl is 600.

A 2nd is we make it to the AFCCG is between 290-300

A 3rd if we make the playoffs and obviously don't make it to the AFCCG is between 136-180.

So we win the SB you guys get the equivalent to the 14-15th pick in the draft.

We make it to the AFCCG you guys get the equivalent to the 22nd-23rd pick in the draft.

We make it just to the playoffs you get the equivalent to the 27th-31st pick.

So you trade him to us with those conditions and every one of those scenarios equals a 1st rounder in value.

Those conditions are 2023 2nd (43rd) and a conditional pick in 2024 with the conditions I stated.

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Let it drag out as long as you have to

Maybe Gut will go on a power play and pick up the phone and start listening to all of these other teams that are lined up for Rodgers services behind the scenes 

LOL "lined up". You do know there is only 2 teams that want Rodgers. You lost the one with the Raiders. I would love for you to name a team that is not in rebuild mode, has the cap space, and has the picks to make the trade. Face it it is either the Jets trade or he is GB and is starting for you. Rodgers is going to be twice the head problem. Love has a bad preseason Rodgers is starting. Love has 1 bad game the fans will want Rodgers in. There is no other team or choice. You take the deal or that is it. The jets have other places to get a QB for a few years. You can get Stafford, Phil Rivers (he talked about coming back last year), heck even Lamar I would look at. 

18 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

LOL "lined up". You do know there is only 2 teams that want Rodgers. You lost the one with the Raiders. I would love for you to name a team that is not in rebuild mode, has the cap space, and has the picks to make the trade. Face it it is either the Jets trade or he is GB and is starting for you. Rodgers is going to be twice the head problem. Love has a bad preseason Rodgers is starting. Love has 1 bad game the fans will want Rodgers in. There is no other team or choice. You take the deal or that is it. The jets have other places to get a QB for a few years. You can get Stafford, Phil Rivers (he talked about coming back last year), heck even Lamar I would look at. 

I’m a Jets fan bro

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Nope. Take Moore out and it’s fair. Moore is the equivalent to a late 1st. That’s not me making that up. That’s what we told teams that it’d take to trade for him last year. So you’ve lost your mind if you think you’re getting what we consider a 1st in Moore our 2nd and a conditional pick.

If you want a WR it will be Davis or Mims. Moore stands 0 chance if being traded. With Rodgers he very well might be an elite slot guy

So much for 1st round value,

Traded for the difference between a 3rd and 2nd, so basically a 3rd round value.

Damn, wanted him to be part of the Packer trade...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The newest delusion from Packers fans.. they think they are going to get 42 and 43

Hahahaha. You can guarantee if we trade a 2nd to them it’ll be 43 now, not 42. Bc last thing we want is them drafting the guy we want right ahead of us. 

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I cant wait to see how disappointed they are lol

This is perfect for them. They probably thought 13, 43 and 74 weren’t enough and made us trade Moore for 42 so they throw us a bone and accept a trade of 13, 42, 43.

Thanks for helping us out GB by taking less.